Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmz057 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2013, 08:00 PM
    Am I facing jail time
    I was charged with 2counts of aggregated assault. On Leo and fleeting,resistance w/o violence 3felonies and 1mism I have no pior criminal record, first time offender, what them I looking at?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 05:02 AM
    Jail time... and how much depends on the Judge and DA where you are... and if they make you serve the sentances consecutively or concurently.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 05:45 AM
    Hello j:

Jail time IS a possibility, however probation is a possibility too. The devil is in the details.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 06:00 AM
    "facting jail time" in what term, yes the max sentence would be many many years in prison. Exactly what you did, how you did it, and what proof, but yes jail or prison time is very likely.
    Also how good is the evidence, has there been in plea offers yet ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 06:05 AM
    Hello again, j:

It should be noted that what you're charged with ORIGINALLY has NOTHING to do with the charges you'll actually face.. Prosecutors LOVE to OVERCHARGE defendants to see if anything sticks...

Depending on what you actually DID, you MIGHT only be facing a misdemeanor.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 06:35 AM
    Since you are really going to have to be getting a lawyer for this. You really should be asking them as they will be more familiar with the details of your case... and how aggressively your local courts pursue this sort of case. As well as the other points made by the other posters previously.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm I facing a jail for this or perbation? [ 4 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree theft,I had two credit card of different names and got searched they found them in my pocket.I did not use them What will happen? This is my first offense my record is clean pleaase help me.what should I do? Thanks to anyone who reply

Facing very long jail term as an innocent. [ 2 Answers ]

Right. Last October I was stopped in my car and arrestd 4 possession with intent to supply £12000 of heroin!now reading this 99% of you will say "guilty"... let me explain and ask your advice. About 2yrs ago I began work 4 an estate agency, little did I know the owner was a drug dealer-bigtime! ...

How much time is he facing? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, a close friend of mine was arrested and is being charged with 1st degree burglary without a weapon in NY. I was wondering how much time is he facing?:confused:

View more questions Search