Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captainpt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2013, 03:20 PM
    Skimmer gasket
    How far do I have to lower pool water level to replace skimmer gasket?
    Can I caulk the gasket when I install new gasket?
    xx-man Posts: 37, Reputation: -1

Jun 19, 2013, 08:19 PM
    It is best to lower the water at least 2" below the skimmer. When you replace the gasket use a rubber silicon type sealant, It will remain flexible as the pool expands and contracts with temperature even if it freezes during the winter. Place the sealant between all materials, the gasket ,the pool liner and the pool walI. If you have city water , no problem to refill the pool. I have a well and did not want to waste the water (I had to buy the water and have it delivered by tanker truck ) so I cut one side away from a large totes tub, placed an old bicycle tube around the other three edges , pressed it against the sidewall of the pool and replaced the gasket. It was a bit extreme but it worked very well. The most important thing to remember is to take your time and do a good job of sealing the gasket. A leak between the pool wall and the liner will run down the side wall and may slowly wash away the sand below in the cove of the pool.Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fiat drain gasket how do I get the gasket out [ 0 Answers ]

I have a fiat drain in my stand up shower, it leaks, so I want to change out the gasket but can't get it out. Any help

How do I replace a skimmer gasket on a gunite pool [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the gasket on a skimmer in a gunite pool.

Proper way to install swimming pool skimmer and gasket [ 1 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool with a standard out side skimmer I have followed instructions on the gasket installation and still lose about an 1 1/2 inches of water per day I have used dye and snorkel mask looking for a hole or tear with no luck.All my hoses are tight no leaks.I put the split gasket...

Skimmer gasket [ 1 Answers ]

We are replacing the skimmer gasket in our above ground pool. We have removed the four screws that hold the skimmer on, but for some reason it will not come off. We have tried going around the sides with a knife, and have removed parts of the old gasket, but it still will not come off. Are they any...

View more questions Search