Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 07:56 AM
    HG, I never understand why people in problem relationships handle it one of two ways - get married (like that will solve anything), buy a house (go figure) or have a child (misery loves company).

No matter what else is going on OP is unhappy and needs to get out WITH her child before she's affected by this situation.

I would have been gone when I found out about the husband's "whoses" (not my word). I trust everyone has been tested?
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 09:54 AM
    Apparently I can't tell the difference between and 3, nor can I spell "whores."

- Yes, I realized it but, alas, too late!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 10:49 AM
    I look at this a little differently and maybe, after reading this thread, I see I'm in the minority here most likely.

I can understand the "I heart you lion" comment as really being nothing too major. I have a female friend who is the best friend I could ever have wished for. Always there for me if I need her, intelligent, considerate... anyway, we have been friends for almost 10 years now. She is married, I am married. We expect nothing of each other in the way of romance... we are friends and nothing more... never were and never will be. I tell her I love her... because, well, because I do love her. I am not IN LOVE with her but I do LOVE her. She is important to me and matters to me much like a sister would matter to me. So I tell her I love her and she tells me the same but that's all it is and I see nothing wrong with it. Of course, in this situation, I am fully aware of the circumstances and know that there are no romantic feelings beyond our friendship. So I may be wrong but the "I heart you lion" comment doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me unless there is more to it.

What does get to me is his reaction given what he has done in the past. I consider some of this a little shady and have to wonder what he is really up to. Talking to a "whore"... giving rides to women because the friend asked for it... I would say he's up to something and just blowing up at you for saying that to cover himself.

So yeah, I think he over-reacted, you did nothing wrong, and there is an underlying reason for his reaction.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 11:16 AM
    I see the difference as your friend being a real life friend. I see this as an Internet friend.

Different?
    Entomology Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I see the difference as your friend being a real life friend. I see this as an Internet friend.

Different?
    I guess it could be... I'm not sure. I mean, to me, it all matters what the intentions are behind what is said and done. For me and her, I know there is nothing there. For the OP, I can't say that. Him being online may not matter as long as they have no romantic intentions... if that makes sense at all.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jun 20, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Odinn, I can completely understand what you are saying and would totally agree with you.

But the fact that the OP is trying her hardest to make up excuses as to why it was okay for her to say "I heart you lion" is what rubs me wrong.

If were nothing she wouldn't have to bring up all of his faults and she would feel confident that it means nothing. She wouldn't be seeking advice from complete strangers.

But this is all my own opinion.
    Entomology Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by busymomma2013 View Post
    Odinn, I can completely understand what you are saying and would totally agree with you.

But the fact that the OP is trying her hardest to make up excuses as to why it was okay for her to say "I heart you lion" is what rubs me wrong.

If were nothing she wouldn't have to bring up all of his faults and she would feel confident that it means nothing. She wouldn't be seeking advice from complete strangers.

But this is all my own opinion.
    I understand that point of view as well.

Understand this... I am not saying anyone was wrong here in the way they answered. Actually, there were some really good answers here that I had not even considered. I was just adding from my point of view just for a different perspective on it all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

I have a problem with his behavior too Odin, I mean why guilt a partner with your insecurity over such a harmless thing unless he himself has some guilt? Or as she has said just many personal issues himself.

I think it's HIS problem, NOT HERS MYSELF. The issue becomes how to help my partner deal with his issues so she(he) understands its no big deal.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

I understand.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 11:52 AM
    I think the OP has left the building but I agree with BusyMomma. I've been in the investigative business too long. If this had been "I did this and it meant nothing and my husband blew up" I'd be 100% on OP's side (if there are sides). What throws me is "I did this BUT my husband did that."

I think it's a bad relationship on many levels, and if OP developed a fondness, a relationship, somethng else, because she's lonely or neglected, I get that. I don't get sending the child off when the parents fight and staying in a relationship, unhappy.

Wonder if OP can support herself and her child - ? Is that part of the problem?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 25, 2013, 11:05 AM
    'Wonder if OP can support herself and her child - ? Is that part of the problem?'

I think it's part of the problem - he has told her that he doesn't want her to work. The years are going to go by and she will have no skills, and won't be able to leave, at least it will get harder and harder.
    He and she need to TALK. She needs to say what her needs are, and if they include getting out of the house to a job, so that she isn't on her computer hearting lions, she should say so, and convince him that he needs to compromise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A messed up situation... [ 1 Answers ]

So I don't know where to begin with this.. so I guess I will begin to introduce myself. I'm seventeen years old and my boyfriend is twenty, we've been dating for almost two years (since I was fifteen and he was eighteen.) When him and I started seeing each other I stopped talking to all of my close...

Messed Up Situation [ 5 Answers ]

I have a big problem and incredibly hard situation... See this time I am In no doubt over how she feels, Or How confused she has me. I Know she likes me and wants to be with me or at least believes she does lol but it's the whole situation around it. Ok so Let me start by saying early on Me and...

Am I messed up? [ 5 Answers ]

I need help... Uhm it's difficult to say this but there is something wrong with me,my moods change heckticly and shame my boyfriend is so supportive he never gets mean even though I am being a for no apparent reason.. I always apologise and take responsibility for my actions but he does not...

One Messed Up Situation. [ 3 Answers ]

OK here is my story, and I hope someone can help me out with it. My father really likes this woman, and from what I can tell she likes him too, she has also told me this on numerous occasions. The Problem is that she has a boyfriend and this is where it gets complicated. This boyfriend is...

View more questions Search