Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 05:11 AM
    I'll second that... are you still obsessed with someone you shouldn't be?
    Jordonj Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Good sleuthing. I thought the username sounded familiar, but I didn't go back and look at other question. I had hoped the OP had given up on her obsession with her former teacher. Maybe not. :(
    I am not obsessed, I promise!
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 07:53 PM
    So tell us what relation to you this other person is. If it's the former teacher... you are in fact obsessed.

Jul 1, 2013, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    So tell us what relation to you this other person is. If its the former teacher...you are in fact obsessed.
    I've never been obsessed with anyone nor will I ever be. You're overthinking the situation I'm in with her. Yes I'm going to let her know she means a lot to me, then she will understand why I wanted to stay in touch in the first place.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 08:05 PM
    You can always tell them how it much -------- meant to you when they -------- and there was the time when -------
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordonj View Post
    I've never been obsessed with anyone nor will I ever be. You're overthinking the situation I'm in with her. Yes I'm going to let her know she means a lot to me, then she will understand why I wanted to stay in touch in the first place.
    I still believe you should leave her alone. You really need to let this obsession go. If one of my students was doing this to me, I'd call the parents and put a stop to it ASAP.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 03:13 AM
    So I have a former teacher who has always been my favorite teacher since middle school and I have only visited her once. We just got in touch two months ago. I have her number and about month ago I asked her if I could go see her. Well she said yes but then she had to cancel on me and told me that week wouldn't be good for me to come. So I asked about next week and she said yeah. Well next week came and I asked her but I asked while she was in school working and If I could go that day. I figured she would read it during her break or something but she never replied. So next week I asked in a better way by saying, "I understand you're busy and I hate to bother you but is there a time I can come by this week?". She still didn't reply!!

So now its summer and I'm miserable! I miss her terribly. I really wish to hear back from her. I stay in touch with my other teacher and she said she doesn't know what else I could do. Do you have any idea what I can do in this situation? I really dont want to text her again because then I'll sound clingy and annoy her. I'm 16 female and shes 25.

I was also told to just go right up to her school to see her when school starts up again, should I? I've done it before.
    If you aren't... then why this great obsession... and this IS an obsession. She's a FORMER teacher... why this obsessive NEED to do anything involving her? She see's it to and that's WHY she's not responding.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 2, 2013, 05:11 AM
    In all fairness here, I was the one who said it was OK to send a birthday card with a note in it. I still see no reason why she shouldn't send it, as long as it's by US mail, and as long as she can handle not getting a response, or not even knowing if the teacher got it.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2013, 05:58 AM
    As a former class clown my teachers were happy the day I was promoted to the next level!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 06:52 AM
    I see an obsession here which could turn dangerous - for the teacher. Yes, I'd be notifying the parents that this behavior is unhealthy.
    This is why/how teachers lose jobs, trying to be "nice" but not crossing a fine line.

One of my concerns is that this is 4 year old preschool "I love my teacher" behavior Perhaps the OP is locked at that emotional age level.

As sad as this situation is - obviously there's a problem in OP's life/home and perhaps there are no "same age friends" involved if I were the teacher I'd be running for the hills.

And the "I promise I'm not obsessed" statement followed by more expanations of obsessive behavior - ?

I always wonder where the parents are, both when these posts are made and when the behavior is in full swing.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2013, 07:01 AM
    This could be construed as stalking if it continues.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    This could be construed as stalking if it continues.
    Agreed and it just gives me an uneasy feeling all together.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Legally I believe it could be considered stalking now - I don't believe we're getting the whole story, and it appears that this may not just involve one teacher. Wonder if it's a pattern. If so...
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 07:09 AM
    And it all boils down to this... they asked..

Why isn't my former teacher responding to my texts?

For the same reason anyone else won't take a call or answer a text or email from someone they are creeped out by because of inappropriate appearing actions... its because they don't want to... take a hint... they don't want to talk to you or they would have answered.

It really IS that simple. They are trying to be nice about it hoping you will just go away. They could just as easily gotten nasty about it, and quite honestly many times it is justified because the message doesn't seem to get through everyone's thick skulls all the time.

Face it.. they don't want to be friends or whatever else you might have in mind. Most teachers have their hands full with their current classes. And apparently she is one of them. At 24 its unlikely she has gotten tenure yet.. and really hasn't gotten the routine down to a science as more experienced teachers have.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2013, 07:17 AM
    "Why isn't my former teacher responding to my texts?"

Maybe he said teacher is wise beyond her years. Maybe the school has created a profile which this person fits.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2013, 07:45 AM
    I agree, most teachers will see you in a public setting, talk nice and say a few things, but depending on the grade, they have many students, and you are just one, most vaugely remember you at best after a few years,

Most do not want you at their home, most do not want to talk to you all the time, you were a student nothing more. They have no connection to you.
    I taught 400 or so students this year, I do not remember many of them already, and will not remember hardly any in a few years.

You seem not to be able to take a hint, and have no reason to want to talk to and visit the teacher

Jul 2, 2013, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Legally I believe it could be considered stalking now - I don't believe we're getting the whole story, and it appears that this may not just involve one teacher. Wonder if it's a pattern. If so ...
    What are you trying to say?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2013, 02:18 PM
    What are you trying to say?
    That you're already stalking this teacher. It's obvious. You won't stop obsessing about her. You send her texts, you come online asking how to make her contact you, and now you're asking us (in a different thread) how to tell her you have feelings for her.

This is not only obsession, this has gone to a dangerous place. Your teacher realizes it, which is why she's not responding to you. I wouldn't be surprised if a restraining order came next if you don't stop.

Jul 2, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That you're already stalking this teacher. It's obvious. You won't stop obsessing about her. You send her texts, you come online asking how to make her contact you, and now you're asking us (in a different thread) how to tell her you have feelings for her.

This is not only obsession, this has gone to a dangerous place. Your teacher realizes it, which is why she's not responding to you. I wouldn't be surprised if a restraining order came next if you don't stop.
    I'm not sending her a million texts a day. I haven't contacted her in 2 months. She's not all I ever think about, I would get sick of it anyway. She's just very important to me. What makes you think I'm stalking her?
    Btw, shut the h*** up about the obsession because its not true.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2013, 02:33 PM
    I'm not sending her a million texts a day. I haven't contacted her in 2 months. She's not all I ever think about, I would get sick of it anyways. She's just very important to me. What makes you think I'm stalking her??
    Btw, shut the h*** up about the obsession because its not true.

I'm not surprised that you're denying your obsession. That's all we've heard about from you on this site, this teacher, and your "love" for her. That's obsession.

Until you admit that you can't let her go, you won't get any help from anyone. Until you admit that you have a problem, you'll be stuck doing the same thing you're doing now.

Do your parents know about any of this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My "best friend" barely ever answers my texts or texts me. [ 18 Answers ]

We went to the same middle school but not high school. We used to text a lot in ninth grade and kind of in tenth grade. But now we're in eleventh grade and she never texts me and I always have to text her and she barely ever responds. Also I always make the plans to hang out and she never does. So...

DNS server isn't responding [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, recently come acrooss aa internet error :DNS server isn't responding:. I'm fed up with as my internet will work then it won't and that error will pop up. I've tried many ways of fixing it bt it still consistently doesn't work... PLEASE HELP Christiaan

What to do , my girlfriend isn't responding [ 31 Answers ]

Dear friends... I am in a relationship with my girlfriend since 4 years. We had ups and downs... but we finally patched up and had a good time. She always credited me for my love and affection toward her. Basically she's a cold hearted person, even when everything was good, she rarely used to text...

My iPod isn't responding [ 3 Answers ]

Icant turn myipod on andwhen iconnectit to the computer nothing happens,

View more questions Search