Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 05:57 PM
    I think he means what he said. He enjoys spending time with you and it works for him but he knows you want more and he doesn't.
    You have only had 5 dates so just chill and enjoy the dating. You're in law school, do you really want to get into a relationship" thing?
    starrynightz45 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 06:18 PM
    The problem is that I never brought up getting into a relationship or moving to the next step. I was going along with things, going with the flow.

I think in his view, since I am only open to progressing in a monogamous relationship, there is no point to continue to contact one another. I know I'm in law school, but I'm just not the type to get physical outside of a relationship. So our goals are just not compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I think he means what he said. He enjoys spending time with you and it works for him but he knows you want more and he doesn't.
    You have only had 5 dates so just chill and enjoy the dating. You're in law school, do you really want to get into a relationship" thing?
    Also, I don't understand why he would start dating me in the first place. Because of both of our cultural backgrounds/the way we were raised, I'm almost sure he would have known that I wouldn't even consider a casual, FWB sort of arrangement. He must have known that I'd want a relationship at SOME point, though not after 5 dates. So, I guess it doesn't make sense to me why he'd even bother dating me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 07:16 PM
    Why shouldn't he take a chance to see if he can get laid? He is a guy, and that has nothing to do with culture, breeding, education, or intentions.

What's to understand? Your youthful inexperience is showing.
    starrynightz45 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Why shouldn't he take a chance to see if he can get laid? He is a guy, and that has nothing to do with culture, breeding, education, or intentions.

What's to understand? Your youthful inexperience is showing.
    What I'm saying is that there was no point for him to try and see if he could get laid, he would have known it wouldn't happen with me. Hence him NEVER trying. Your lack of cultural understanding is showing.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 07:25 PM
    People do date just to date. You go out and have fun. After only 5 dates maybe he is saying you are nice but not his type.
    As far as getting laid and the cultural component, people do things outside of their culture all the time. Culture has nothing to do with it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 07:27 PM
    Oh please, woman of your culture NEVER give it up casually? And a guy of any culture will try. Look you keep asking questions, and the simple answer is usually the most accurate.

Maybe you over analyze... a little?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2013, 07:32 AM
    "What I'm saying is that there was no point for him to try and see if he could get laid, he would have known it wouldn't happen with me. Hence him NEVER trying. Your lack of cultural understanding is showing."\

I guess I missed the reference to what culture "we're" talking about -

"It wouldn't happen ..." I suggest you read through the posts. If I had a dime for every "it wouldn't happen, am I pregnant" thread...

Biting the hand of people trying to feed you is never smart in any situation.
    shalinisharma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2013, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Regardless of what he means, he does not want a committed relationship with you. He just wants to hang out occasionally, maybe have a sexual relationship but keep his options open. He wants to date around. Before you invest anymore time and emotions on this guy, tell him you understand and then move on.
    I agree
    sushmita585 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 10:39 PM
    Do you know I sushmita is also facing the same problem. I know why people are so much casual and cavaliar and play with our emotions...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 07:55 AM
    You know why? Let us know. I'd like to hear the reasons from someone else's standpoint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are his true feelings... Is he playing games or he is genuine? [ 5 Answers ]

I confessed to a guy that I have fallen for me. He said that he was over whelmed knowing that and he means it. But he said to me that he has never seen me in that way, he has always seen me like a friend's younger sister. As there is the rule never date your friend's sister, ex or mom. However...

Are my girlfriend's feelings genuine? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for over a month now, we both say we feel a strong connection and just recently we admitted we loved each other. She said she doesn't believe in marriage (I do), but she would marry someone if they proved they were worth it. She treats the idea of sex very...

How do I know if he is genuine or trying to spare my feelings. [ 34 Answers ]

I have been sort of seeing someone older than me off and on but we have since gone our separate ways. We are in contact again and he keeps telling me he wants to see me, but always has reasons he cannot, though I don't doubt these reasons sometimes I feel they are being used to cover the truth. ...

Spare parts [ 2 Answers ]

Help!! Need to find a parts for a hampton bay 54" pacifica ceiling fan Please does anybody knows where can I go? Thanks Nidia

View more questions Search