Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rmlfilm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 08:05 PM
    What movie? Lady gets trapped in portrait
    40 yrs ago I saw the beginning of a movie on TV, a weekend afternoon, in which there is a portrait of prehistoric times that comes to life when you look at it. In one scene, a man throws a ball into the picture, a dog chases after the ball, and the dog's owner, a lady, chases after her dog by walking into this portrait as well. Then, then, someone starts painting over the portrait, and you see this lady turn circle back to try escaping before the last patch of scenery is covered over by this white paint. That's when I got dragged from the set. Does anyone know what movie that was? Thx
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2013, 05:46 AM
    Sounds like something that might have been on the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits.

Jun 19, 2013, 07:06 AM
    Thx for the idea. I checked the plots of all outer limits, and titles to all twilight zones of the era and didn't see it listed in either. Thx again though for the suggestion!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 09:17 AM
    I think you're looking for a Night Gallery episode - The Painted Mirror... found some comments on it that seem to match what you've described:
    ...small dog going through the portal and the race to return to our world before the portal closes....... I was glad that the annoying yappy little dog got crunched by dinosaurs, that's for sure... ...Enjoyes this episode! She was pretty dumb to follow the dog, didn't it strike her as odd?...
    (found discussion on the episode here:"The Painted Mirror" in Night Gallery Season 2 Forum... )

Jun 19, 2013, 10:23 AM
    Wow, thank you! Just watched it. Funny though how it changed in my mind over the years. Thx again!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Great :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about girl in mall that gets trapped? [ 0 Answers ]

Girl get trapped in mall do u no the movie

90's movie parents trapped in television [ 1 Answers ]

I remember that there is a bad guy that has the remote at first and he is changing the channel on the parents so that they keep getting put in life or death situations. I remember one channel where the parents are on a game show, where if they miss 3 questions, they will fall into a pit of death. ...

You.S. Movie lady's apartment is burnt,lost job,no benefits so lives as a bag lady [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie on t.v. several years ago. Probably made in the 1960''s. I recalled it was Bette Davis, but can find nothing regarding this film with her starring in it. In the movie she had her own apartment, but it was completely burnt in a fire. She also lost her job & could not claim benefits....

80's movie kids trapped in russia [ 3 Answers ]

I used to watch a movie all the time when I was a kid ( and its not red dawn, american born, or iron eagle) its about a group of kids who go in to russia to save at least one dad, there they get trapped, and eventually hijack a russian plane to get out, but the americans are getting ready to shoot...

Movie with Evil queen trapped in a tube? [ 1 Answers ]

It's a kid's fantay movie. With an Evil queen/sorceress, trapped in a "tube" I think one of her hands was hit as the chamber/tube came down on her, imprisoning here within. I think she suffocates or is aging near the end of film; I don't believe it's Legend, Labyrinth, Willow, or even The Never...

View more questions Search