Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allanah123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 10:25 AM
    How do I leave my husband with no income in the UK?
    I'm 51 and run my business from home, I desperately want to leave my husband, but will lose everything including my only income, the house is unsalable due to my husband tearing the garden up 20 years ago and its large and steep uphill. Not that he would sell anyway!

We have been married for 32 years and are very unhappy, what can I do where can I go?

I have asked him to buy me out, which when he is in a good mood and says he will do, but then when he realizes I mean it and want to go he turns nasty, I'm at my wits end!
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2013, 10:41 AM
    Do you have family or a good friend you can lean on for a while?

Can you take your home business with you or start it up somewhere else?

Do you have anything to sell that is worth value for which you could live off for a while?
    allanah123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
    I have a good friend but her 84 year old mother lives with her, she would help if she could.

I'm a pet groomer, no rental would allow me to install a bath etc, I have looked into it,

I have a 20 year old car and the clothes in my waldrobe, I sold all my jewelry many years ago to set up my business.

I need someware to go, I will turn my hand to any job I can get, its just the initial getting away from him so I can start to live.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
    When agreements between couples cannot be made and followed through on then you have little recourse but to seek solution through a court for any path forward and that starts with consulting with a lawyer to find out what options and rights you DO have.

You need an excellent female divorce lawyer to get the ball rolling since you have been unable to.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 18, 2013, 11:48 AM
    Not that he would sell anyway? When you get a divorce, one of you buys the other out or a sale is forced. If the house goes up for sale, you quickly hire someone to plant some groundcover on the steep hillside. You each get a portion and go your separate ways. Does he have an income?
    I don't see the problem in this day and age. You get a divorce!
    You reasoning sounds suspiciously like someone who just isn't really sure she wants to leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I earn income in CA, husband earns income in TX. We live in TX. How do we file taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's company is relocating to TX. We will be living in TX. I will be maintaining my business in CA. How will we file our taxes? I will physically be working in CA as a hairstylist for 3-4 days/month. Should we file married separate? We are happy to be leaving all of the CA taxes behind and...

Should I leave my husband? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this but need some advice. I have been married for almost 5 years and also under 35 but have two children a 19month and 3 yo. I work full time and have a decent paycheck. My husband since the beginning of the marriage decided he did not like where we were moving to and took a...

Should I leave my husband [ 14 Answers ]

I am very confused and don't know what to do I love my husband but I'm not completely happy with him. A year ago we separated for a few months but then decided to get back together and try to make things work. A few weeks ago he said nothing between us had changed, he's always questioning...

Is my maternity leave disablity taxable income? [ 2 Answers ]

I was pregnant with twins and put on bed rest by my doctor. I received state disability. Will I receive a 1099 tax form for that income?

Should I leave My Husband [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 28 and my Husband is 38 we have been married for 7 years. We've been trying for a family for 6 ½ .2 years ago we found out that we will not be able to have children without help. My husband worked a very high stress job that would follow him home. 9 months ago he started a new job with less...

View more questions Search