Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AayushiB View Post
    You guys are acting like it's too late. I had sex today. Can't I have an iPill and be rescued?
    Then why DIDN'T you use a condom? Its not like you didn't have time... there is ALWAYS time to get one and use it if you aren't on contraception, and aren't actually TRYING to have a baby..

You are aware that's the lazy way out... and it doesn't always work.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jun 18, 2013, 10:15 AM
    You can go to the Doctor and see what they suggest.

AMHD can not prescribe you any form of birth control.

In my eyes it is too late.
    AayushiB Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 10:15 AM
    It just happened too fast. It was a mistake I know. But what now?
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 10:18 AM
    You live with it... you are 18 and an adult... adults are respeonsible for their actions... Welcome to the adult world.

Jun 18, 2013, 10:19 AM
    How often can you take the morning-after pill? | Ask The Experts

This link will tell you a little about the emergency contraception pill. And if it is safe to take often.

If that is what you are concerned about.

Jun 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Where are you guys from? Doesn't seem like you're from my land?
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 10:22 AM
    This site is international... we have members from every English speaking country... and quite a few where English isn't the main language.

I for example am in the USA... we have many members from Canada, the UK, and Australia... and places you would never expect.

Jun 18, 2013, 10:22 AM
    I live in the US

Jun 18, 2013, 10:28 AM
    Oh!
    So what do you people do when you wish to have sex, not with the motive of having a baby?

Jun 18, 2013, 10:34 AM
    And, I have had sex thrice but haven't bled yet (evidence for loss of virginity). Why is it?
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 10:44 AM
    And and, I have had sex thrice but haven't bled yet (evidence for loss of virginity). Why is it?
    Whoa... bleeding has NOTHING to do with proof you lost virginity... many women break their hymens without any sexual activity , like as children just playing... many more do during puberty. Some break without much or any blood. Most don't bleed a lot.. and a few even need a doctor to cut their hyman because its too thick to break during sex.

Something that is a constant... Once you have sex... you aren't a virgin any more... and won't ever be again either.
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 10:51 AM
    Oh!
    So what do you people do when you wish to have sex, not with the motive of having a baby?
    YOu go to a doctor.. and get the right contraceptive pills prescribed. Additionally its wise for him to also use a condom because no form of birth control is 100% effective... using more than one form increases the efectiveness.

Even then its still possible. We have moderators here that got pregnant more than once... USING several forms of protection... and one is a Nurse that works with pregnant women... you know SHE was using them correctly.

Jun 18, 2013, 10:58 AM
    Too much with the sex thing. I actually need to take lessons.
    And what about having sex after a day or two after my period till ovulation (i.e. 14days before my date)?

Jun 18, 2013, 11:02 AM
    And do these birth control pills affect the menstrual cycle?
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 11:05 AM
    Too much with the sex thing. I actually need to take lessons.
    And what about having sex after a day or two after my period till ovulation (i.e. 14days before my date)?
    There are NO safe days... and unless you keep a daily Basal Temprature chart for a few years... you won't know exactly when you ovulate.

Some women get pregnant DURING their period...

One thing you will learn... women are very inconsistent when they ovulate... you could possibly put 28 women in a room whose periods are all in sync... and have every one of them ovulate on a different day.

Actually is not THAT inconsistent... but is more like more women ovulate on a certain number of days after their period than others... but with a large enough sample of women... there will be some that ovulate on every day of that month.

You HAVE to assume every time you have sex you might get pregnant...
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 11:12 AM
    And do these birth control pills affect the menstrual cycle?
    THat depends on the type taken... the kind most used were you have 28 pills and take one every morning... are started after a regular period... and in fact many times are prescribed to help women with irregular periods... become more regular... but you will have a period every forth week... with them... you may or may not bleed the entire week... (most don't)... but they will be very regular.

I am not as familiar with the other types like shots, implants or IUD's to comment on them... but the problem with some of those is remembering to get another... the daily pills are an easy routine.. as its every day at the same time.

Each has a possible side effect... and your doctor will likely make slight changes from time to time based on how you react as an individual to the particular one you are taking.

Jun 18, 2013, 11:12 AM
    So a condom with birth control pill will do wonders?
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Its not 100% effective.(nothing is).. but its almost as close as you are going to get... and a very good combination to use... as condoms actually proect you from some STD's as well... as long as you don't use the Lambskin ones wich don't as they are porous to viruses..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2013, 11:21 AM
    No, but will PROBABLY prevent pregnancy.

Jun 19, 2013, 09:22 AM
    Thank you all :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After having unprotected sex can I still be pregnant if I bleed after sex [ 6 Answers ]

Well I've also had a few pregnancy symptoms...

Unprotected sex [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex three nights ago, and since the day after, I have been having large amounts of yellow discharge come out of me. It's not always yellow, sometimes is a milky color. I don't have any other symptoms though. No pain, no irratation, no itching... and the discharge has no smell. Is...

Unprotected sex [ 7 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my g.f on 7th march... her period date was 2nd march.. Not taking any risk she took I-pill bt after 80 hrs... Today on 14th march she took the urine pregnancy test the ressult of which was negative... Is tere any chance that she may b pregnant?

I had sex with my man unprotected than protected sex with a friend 2 days later, who [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend on 7/28/2010 , than I had sex with my new boyfriend, which he used a condom on 7/30/2010. On 8/7/2010 my breast started to swell and are very,very tender now. I think I'm pregnant but a bit scared becus I had sex with two guys so close even though the last...

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on May 28,29,30 I calculated my ovulation on the computer and it said I ovulated on May 29. What are my chances that I will get pregnant??

View more questions Search