Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lashauntaj Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Mar 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Present Value
    Need assistance...

Jack Hammer invests in a stock that will pay dividends of $2 at the end of the first year; $2.20 at the end of the second year; and $2.40 at the end of year three. Also, he believes that at the end of the third year he will be able to sell the stock for $33. What is the present value of all future benefits if a discount rate of 11% is applied? Round all values to two places to the right of the decimal point
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Are you wanting us to do your homework for you? We hope not.

Please provide what you think is the answer to your question and how you arrived at it.

Then, we will help you.

Thank you.

Mar 26, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Are you wanting us to do your homework for you? We hope not.

Please provide what you think is the answer to your question and how you arrived at it.

Then, we will help you.

Thank you.
    Hello Clough,
    Thank you for an untimely response that was absolutely no help at all. I have already completed and turned in the homework and did quite well thank you. If you wanted to assist, you could have not provided the solution but steps on how to come up with or where to find the formula to complete the problem. I did not request the answers but assistance on how to get to the solution. So for future reference it would be feasible to give the individual who is asking for help, just that "help" on how to get to the solution.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Please see:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...board-b-u.html

Read this first: Expectations for the Homework Help board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.

Mar 27, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Clough,
    Thank you so much for all of your responses. You keep referring to "Us" and "We" are you the spokesperson for a forum or a group. You responded so therefore, if you did not want to answer the question all you had to do is not respond... so in the future, just don't answer...
    Have a wonderful day and year!
    nannie1506 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lashauntaj
    Need assistance....

Jack Hammer invests in a stock that will pay dividends of $2 at the end of the first year; $2.20 at the end of the second year; and $2.40 at the end of year three. Also, he believes that at the end of the third year he will be able to sell the stock for $33. What is the present value of all future benefits if a discount rate of 11% is applied? round all values to two places to the right of the decimal point
    Did you get an answer to your question?
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
    People still responding to the original post, might want to take into account that the original question was posted on March 24, 2007. And, that the original poster has not even logged on since March 27, 2007

Jul 26, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Yes, I did get an answer to my question. I see that member Clough is still posting unwanted responses. I was able to get the needed assistance from the professor of the course. So thank you Professor Clough. Just want to let you know that the information can not be cut/paste from the book. But I truly appreciate all the assistance you have provided. All of your comments have been helpful too.

When I need assistance I will be sure to direct my questions to you Clough.

Thank you and have a good day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Present Values [ 16 Answers ]

Compute the present value of a $100 cash flow for the following combinations of discount rates and times: 1. r = 8 percent. T = 10 years. 2. r = 8 percent. T = 20 years. 3. r = 4 percent. T = 10 years. 4. r = 4 percent. T = 20 years.

Net Present Value [ 1 Answers ]

Your company plans to acquire one of two assets. Asset A costs $162,500, and has expected annual cash savings of $37,500. Asset B costs $225,000, and has expected annual cash savings of $77,500. You'll use straight-line depreciation for both assets over their estimated useful lives of 5 years,...

View more questions Search