Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rustongirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 08:54 PM
    My hair looks bad and dry from all the bleaching and now I put a dark color to try al
    I wanted a change so 2 years ago I bleached my dark brown hair . I went to a salon about 2 months ago and I just wanted my roots done and the salon hair sylist bleached it 3 times before it came up. Well as you can imagine it broke my hair off in places so I decidedafter 6 weeks to just go to a salon and have it dyed back dark to match my roots. Well now it broke off more in a couple of places. I thought by going to a salon they would do a professional job but. It looks so dry and she did not even cut it correctly so it would have some kind of style to help it look better. What should I do now?/ I did go to a salon so I am at a loss. Can you please let me know if I should go to another salon and have them cut it so maybe it will look better. How long before it looks heathlier and not so dry. I put olive oil in it today so I have not washed it yet... Thanks
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2013, 04:23 PM
    Go to a better salon, get it cut and ask what they can do, perhaps a deep conditioning treatment and products you can use at home. Let it grow out with as little processing as possible. If you must color it, consider an ammonia free non-permanent color to get closer to your natural color. Then stop coloring until you're going gray and need to!
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 19, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Coconut oil massage. Make it lukewarm. Heena or curd hair pack for conditioning. Then go to salon and trim them. Don't color for few days.
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2013, 11:33 PM
    Please please, do not use any more harsh color products on your hair anytime soon. If you must color again, consider a demi-permanent product, which is much more gentle and less likely to cause the issues you are experiencing :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry Skin and Dark color on Navel Piercing. [ 0 Answers ]

My belly piercing has dry skin on both holes and I want to know why. It doesn't hurt at all. I don't overclean it. Why is it going through this nasty looking healing process? Is this normal? The skin in between both holes are darker than my skin color. I've had my piercing for 2 weeks and a half....

How can I get my hair to stay dark again after bleaching it? [ 1 Answers ]

I bleached the bottom half of my hair , I tried dying it black it looked good for a week or so , then slowly started washing out... Now I have this ugly *** orange/yellow color in my hair . WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT TO STAY DARK WITHOUT WASHING OUT AGAIN?

Can you turn black hair this color by bleaching it? [ 0 Answers ]

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=reddish brown&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS424US427&biw=1024&bih=509&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=z7sNJJ0fbn4w_M:&imgrefurl=http://www.zuckermanpharmacy.com/product.cfm/hu (perhaps if I don't leave it in very long, can it change in to something close like this?)

What kind of dark mahogany brown hair color is better when it comes to color boxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to dye my hair a redish bronwinsh color and I had already bought a color box from revlon and it was color 32 dark mahagony brown and my naturall hair color is dark brown but when I dyed it it came out darker.. With not much red.. So is there anynother color brand that has more red in it.. I...

Dyed hair a light color before bleaching. [ 2 Answers ]

And my roots are a light brown and the rest of my hair stayed brown. I was told by a girl working at a sally beauty supply that I should dye my hair light ash blond (I want blond hair) and all my hair would get lighter. I still want to go blond but I don't know if I should bleach it or dye it...

View more questions Search