Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jewels7 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    To see the grand kids more often, have you thought of volunteering at their school? It's as simple as reading a book or helping by listening to children read. I know you have health issues, but it isn't physically demanding. You may need to be fingerprinted, TB tested, etc.
    Because of my disablity, I would not be able to, I have several limitations, I 'm not able to drive 30 minutes away, limited to sitting, standing, walking etc.. Getting through a day is very demanding doing the daily things and some days unable to do anything at all.. so, I'm unable to make plans.. just take it a day at a time.
    One grand child is in pre K the other only 8 weeks old.
    Other whys that's a great idea.. my friend runs a daycare, I've told her on a good day I would come and read to her daycare children or help set up a picnic.. she understands, I have good intentions.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2013, 07:37 AM
    I record books on tape recorder cassettes for my out of town step-grandchildren. I get to stay home that way (I started this when my late husband became an invalid and needed me at home) and the kids absolutely love it!

Now one is old enough to read - and he reads and sends "books" to me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I record books on tape recorder cassettes for my out of town step-grandchildren. I get to stay home that way (I started this when my late husband became an invalid and needed me at home) and the kids absolutely love it!
    Do you send the book(s) too so the child can look at the pictures?
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2013, 09:16 AM
    No, usually not - it's a good idea, though. I just find it gets quite expensive to buy books on a monthly basis times stepgrandchildren.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 09:21 AM
    No, usually not - it's a good idea, though. I just find it gets quite expensive to buy books on a monthly basis times stepgrandchildren.
    Or they can check out the book(s) at their library. :)
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2013, 09:35 AM
    I wish they would but my one "step" is a germophobic and will not take her child to the library. How do I know? I took him to the library.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 10:02 AM
    I wish they would but my one "step" is a germophobic and will not take her child to the library. How do I know? I took him to the library.
    Or write a book using printer paper (during your down times). Or encourge them to make one..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with visit to Adult daughter with stepkids drinking again? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who has been through 2 rehabs and extended stays at half-way houses and sober-living places was sober for a couple of years. She recently married a non-drinking guy with 2 children who have lots of troubles on their own. My daughter recently started drinking again; couldn't stop on her...

Can a sex offender legally see (visit with) his children? [ 3 Answers ]

I had children with a man I thought was upright, come to find out he is a liar, cheater and worst of all a registered sex offender. I have all legal rights/custody to our children, but he does see them under my supervision. Can I, through the court system, request that he never be allowed to see...

1. The capacity of an elevator is either 20 children or 15 adult. If 12 children are [ 3 Answers ]

1. The capacity of an elevator is either 20 children or 15 adult. If 12 children are currently in the elevator, how many adults can still get in?

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

View more questions Search