Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dogsbestfriend Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2013, 10:11 AM
    Metabolism and ETG testing
    Hello!

I was wondering how much a person's metabolism plays a part in voiding the body of ETG. I am a male, 29yrs old, 5'7" 144lbs. Im pretty skinny and prior to these ETG tests, I've done everything I can think of to GAIN weight without much success. So my question would be: Do people with my kind of high metabolism get rid of ETG faster?

I drank 6 16oz cans of beer and then 2 12oz cans after that. I finished my last drink slightly before midnight on Friday. I have to go in for an EtG test Wednesday at 1:30pm. I have been drinking at least 64oz of water each day since my last drink as well as 2 64 oz bottles of Cranberry juice and 1 64oz bottle of Original V8 juice. Will consuming these liquids help me pass the test? Im not sure of the cutoff levels they are using. I also made sure I don't use any products containing alcohol... harder than most people think.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2013, 10:16 AM
    All that liquid may very well cause a fail for dilution.

Why do you drink when you know you will be tested? Isn't no alcohol part of the requirements?

Jun 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Why do you hop on questions you know you can't help with? Isn't being helpful part of the requirements?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 17, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsbestfriend View Post
    Why do you hop on questions you know you can't help with? Isn't being helpful part of the requirements?
    Attitude won't help here.

Anyway, with that being said, I would think with the time frame remaining, you should ingest more water if possible without drowning. Flush yourself clean.

Good luck.

Jun 18, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Just an update for anyone who cares... I passed :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG test and metabolism [ 14 Answers ]

I have read through the many questions posted about ETG tests and understand that all the variables involved make it impossible to give an accurate answer. I guess I am just looking for something to put my mind at ease. Here is my situation: I drank approximately 12 mixed drinks (vodka/Red Bull...

Speed up EtG metabolism [ 4 Answers ]

I had 3 beers tueday night... my last one was at 10 o'clock. I have to take the EtG test tomorrow morning between 6 and 9 am! The EtG tests back up to 80 hours, but I only had 3 beers. What do you think about that?

Alcohol EtG metabolism [ 1 Answers ]

Does green tea speed up metabolism to flush ETG from urine in an alcohol test?

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search