Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bee_maryy124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
    Belly button piercing: hoop vs barbell
    I want to get my belly button pierced for the second time.. I first time I got it.. It got infected so I took it out because it was sooo bad.. Now it's been almost 2 years later and I'm getting it done again.. Is it OK to pierced the same scar tissue again? Should I get a barbell again or get a hoop (the rents think I should get hoop).. If I was to get a hoop piercing can I change it to a barbell in the future? Please help!!
    stfuximshelli49 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2013, 01:05 PM
    The reason it got infested is probably one of two things. You didn't clean it properly or the jewelry you used your body didn't accept it. My sister went through this also and went through a lot of jewelry before finding out plastic agreed with her body. Once you let it heal fully after being pierced you can change but up and see what metals work with you. The only thing with the scar tissue is that it'll create more and be harder (barely) to pierce. So if you don't mind a little more noticeable scar when you take it out then there isn't a problem with it. And the jewelry itself is really preference. I personally would chose the barbell because the hoop looks tacky and old school and there really isn't anything cool about it. A barbell you can have different dangles and colors.

Also when you do pierce it again make sure to buy anti bacterial soap and wash it every couple of hours. Also sleep with a shirt that keeps your stomach exposed to it doesn't snag to get infected from the sweat you produce at night. Also make sure to dry it really good after showering. Get a Q tip and make sure it's all dry on the inside.

I have fourteen pierces and my ears are gauged to an inch. I speak from profuse experience. Hope this helps and good luck :)
    stfuximshelli49 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Ohh and you could change it if you really want to, but the gauge size would be different. The barbell will probably be a 16/14 where the hoop would be 18/20. Also you can't pierce it for a barbell and put a hoop in and leave it for a long amount of time. It will irritate it. I have snake bites and my main jewelry is hoops but every now and then I put straight studs and after a whole day I have to take them out because they start to get kind of sore because the hole healed slightly circular.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my belly button pierced 5 days ago and its red round the top and it hurts and itches what do I do to make it stop. I clean it every day about 3 times a day what would help it go away.

Belly button piercing healing and re-piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I had my belly button pierced 10 years ago (I was 13) and it has gradually shrunk over the years from a 14 to a 6. I can also feel that the skin is thinner as I can feel the bar. I want to take it out and let it heal and have it re-pierced. However I have grown very attached to it and want to...

Belly button piercing [ 1 Answers ]

So I've had my belly pierced for about 5 months and I have had this blood clot thing off and on for a while. I get a ring type bubble around the bottom piercing and blood comes out but I can't get the blood out, it's in a clot type thing! But the bubble is scaring me... Is it badly infected? What...

Belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi it's me again can I get it done with a gold earing because I'm alergic to silver and soe peopple have told me u can get it done with a gun

View more questions Search