Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankg314 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Company told me to buy product with my credit card, company folded I have the debt.
    I took a logistics position with a company and part of my job was to outfit the office with the PCs, I used my credit cards to purchase these PCs with a promise to reimburse me for the purchases, what happened was the company folded and shut down and the account used to make payment promise was not a legal account. Well I put over $3,000 on my cards and the credit cards approved the payments received, but after 15 day after they accepted the payment, the bank that the payments where against, demanded the money back. My question is, Am I still obligated to pay the credit cards this money, even though they accepted the payments and they cleared it? What is my recourse, the company is folded and not able to locate the principals. I filed the fact that I was scammed from this company with the CCs but they do not care.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 16, 2013, 07:15 AM
    I would have a lawyer working in my interests and claim damages. Where are those computers you bought? They are yours you know. Mitigate your losses. Bet a lawyer can find the principles of YOUR lawsuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I validate a debt after being served with a lawsuit from a credit card company? [ 11 Answers ]

I am being sued by Capital One bank because I defaulted on a credit card. I have received intermittant letters from different collection agencies regarding this account. I didn't know anything about validation of debt. Anyway, my husband got a call from a collection agency saying they were...

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Credit Card company debt [ 2 Answers ]

A credit card company is harassing my mother for an old debt on a company credit card my father held while our family business was active. She never had a card or used it. She did work in the business as V.P.. The card was in our company's name and my fathers. He has passed and the company filed...

View more questions Search