Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starzz429 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Implantation bleeding or period
    I've been having some symptoms which can go both ways with pms or pregnancy such as sore breasts headaches and cramping but Wednesday I got what I think was my period it was kind of heavy Wednesday and Thursday and today its gone usually my period lasts a full 5 days and the last day is normally when its finishing also my breastshave been sore for almost 2 weeks and usually it only happens about 3 days before my period. I have yet to take a hpt because I'm not sure if my period is just acting up or if I really am pregnant please help !
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 06:35 PM
    Implantation bleeding is sorely misunderstood. Imagine something as small as a pencil dot inside your uterus causing bleeding that it noticeable.

Most likely this was your period acting up. We can have wacky periods for many reasons. Your best bet is to wait to see what happens next month with your period. Until that time, treat yourself as if you are pregnant. Eat healthy, get plenty of rest, and avoid tobacco and alcohol.

Jun 14, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Implantation bleeding is sorely misunderstood. Imagine something as small as a pencil dot inside your uterus causing bleeding that it noticeable.

Most likely this was your period acting up. We can have wacky periods for many reasons. Your best bet is to wait to see what happens next month with your period. Until that time, treat yourself as if you are pregnant. Eat healthy, get plenty of rest, and avoid tobacco and alcohol.
    Do you think I should do a hpt just to find out for sure as I am a smoker should I wait another week. I've had many friends who were pregnant tell me its also not good to quit smoking right away when you find out your pregnant but to just cut down?
    Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 06:51 PM
    It's better to cut down slowly.

You can try taking a HPT using first morning urine in two weeks. It should be more accurate at that time.

Jun 14, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It's better to cut down slowly.

You can try taking a HPT using first morning urine in two weeks. It should be more accurate at that time.
    OK thanks a lot for your help :)
    Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 06:52 PM
    You are very welcome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 0 Answers ]

Three weeks ago I had unprotected sex and forgot to take my birth control the same day I had sex. Me and my boyfriend used the pull out method and he did not get any in me. Now this week my period was due. I usually start my period the second day of my sugar pills of my birth control which was...

How to tell if its implantation bleeding or period [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I am on the because pill.In week 1 I missed 1 pill.. week 2 I missed 4 pills and again missed 1 pill in week 3 all due to me having the flu and throwing them up... the boyfriend and I had sex during week 2 and again in week 3 once with a condom which broke and once without but he pulled...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 1 Answers ]

My last regular period was may 29th and it was 4 days, that's normal but in June my period was due the 25, didn't get it until the 27th and it was mild cramping (my first day cramps are always severe and super painful, I never got cramps before my period, always when I actually start bleeding), the...

Implantation bleeding or period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 31years old I have an 11 year old for her I didn't know I was pregnant intill I was 2 months pregnant . I started trying to get pregnant resently . My cycle is 28 days never early never late and it last 5-6 my last period was July 11 2009 I had unprotected 5 days after my period I...

View more questions Search