Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justiceg43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2013, 09:19 AM
    One dimension of a rectangular map is 8 inches and the perrimeter is 40 inches what I
    I need help
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 13, 2013, 09:32 AM
    What do you need help with ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 13, 2013, 09:34 AM
    A rectangle has four sides, consisting of two pairs of opposite sides where one pair is a certain length and the other pair is a different length. The sum of all four sides is the perimeter.

You have been told the length of one side, so you know the length of the opposite side, correct? Then the perimeter minus these two sides is equal to the combined length of the other two sides - what do you get for that? Finally, since that other pair is equal to each other, divide their combined length by two to find the length of each of those sides.

It helps to draw it out as a picture to double check your work. Post back with what you get for an answer and we'll check it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I-beam 4 feet long x 4 inches x 4 inches [ 0 Answers ]

Where can an I-beam 4 feet long x 4 inches x 4 inches be purchased and for what cost?

Inches [ 3 Answers ]

What is 1/4 inch of 1 and 1/8 inch

I'm only 5 inches big [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I'm only 5 inches big any help?

Is 3 inches enough? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm growing out my hair color to see just how gray I am. I thinking of keeping it gray depending on how it looks. I was wondering if I cut it off as short as I can, how many inches should I leave on my head to not look totally ridiculous? Is 3 inches enough. I have thick but fine hair.

View more questions Search