Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12lioness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 07:08 PM
    How long do I have to vacate
    Need to know how many days I get to move out after court date if I don't appear. I'm not contesting the eviction and plan on moving within 7 days but don't want sherriff moving my stuff
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2013, 04:56 AM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I've moved your post to its own thread.

Are you in Kentucky (the thread you posted to specified KY)? Generally the amount of time varies by court, so I doubt if we can give you a specific time even if we know the exact county and court.

I would strongly advise you to show up in court. Even if you aren't contesting the eviction, you can explain to the judge that you have arranged to move on x date and he will likely give you the time. If you don't show, he may not give any time at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long would I have before I have to vacate? [ 2 Answers ]

What day is my eviction and how long do I have after the petition is filed?

How long do I have to file a Motion to Vacate Judgement? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a notice from my employer that they would be garnishing my wages because a creditor (collector) obtained a judgement against me even though I was never served and I never had a chance to respond to their summons. Can I file a motion to vacate and how long do I have since I also was...

How long do I have to vacate home, going to court Friday in Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to court this Friday 10/31 for foreclosure. How long is it before I am required to vacate my home. I live in Michigan:(

How long will we have to vacate premises? [ 2 Answers ]

If we are going to court tomorrow on an eviction how long will we have in the state of Missouri to vacate the property?

Foreclosure process complete. How long do I have to vacate? [ 4 Answers ]

Wondering how long I will be alloted to move after foreclosure process is complete. I reside in ky.

View more questions Search