Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    selva123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 09:11 AM
    How to convince a girl's parents in love between us?
    Hello, we started our friendship at the age of 8, now we are 23. I completely adore her, but her parents look at me like their own son, and a solid trust on me. She doesn't want to hurt their parents, me too, don't want to hurt them. Now they are looking alliance for that girl. Is there any possibility to convince and understand that we really have a genuine affection?

She is a brahmin girl and I'm saiva pillai caste. This is also a big issue. I was cornered helpless. What to do? Kindly give me an appropriate solution. Feeling very much pain.

Please send a valuable response as soon as possible friends. Thank you friends.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2013, 09:23 AM
    This is a completely different culture from mine - is this about the caste system?

If the parents do not accept you as "husband material" the two of you will have to choose - either marry without permission/consent and not have contact with her parents or end your relationship.

If you are old enough to marry you are old enough to make your own choices in life.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
    If you both are independent financially then marry her. Her parents will understand sooner or later. I don't see any major cultural issue between shaiva and brahmin. Try to convince her parents that you will respect their family traditions and give freedom to girl to follow them. Good luck.
    selva123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Thank u,but she don't want me talk to their parents and she is ready to sacrifice her life for her parents,I don't know what to do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2013, 12:02 PM
    If she is ready and willing to die for her parents they are her first priority. You are not.

Walk away.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 13, 2013, 03:55 PM
    If you cannot convince the girl of your wishes, you will never convince the parents. If she doesn't want you talking to her parents, and fighting for her, then you have little choice but deal with the pain and find another girl.

Hard to believe you didn't know this would be an issue someday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince girl parents for love marriage [ 18 Answers ]

Hi everyone... my name is vivek.. sometimes love makes you feel happy.. it makes your life miserable when d person with whom you love much is leaving you completely.. m an engineer not settled in life yet.. not settled in the sense not in permanent job yet .some how earning something for daily...

How to convince girl's father for love marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hai friends I am bunny I am from hyderabad I am loving a girl, and her name is chinnu (nik name) I want to marry her so I proposed her and after takeing some time she accepted. Here the problem starts I have asked her to talk with her parents regarding our marriage. The she spoke with her father...

How to convince parents for love marriage by girl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am facing a big problem now a days.. actually I am falling love with that girls , previously my parents even me also had rejected her for marriage... due to that she was not fair... eventually one day I met her and than I realized that I was wrong and she was perfect for me...

How do I convince my father to allow me to marry the girl I love [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my girl are in this relationship for 10 years now.. I am from up and she is bengali... We both have stable jobs.. My father does not agree for our marriage... We have waited for 10 years for him to agree... But my dad's still of the same decission... My girl does not want us to get married...

View more questions Search