Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2013, 05:33 AM
    Eatting Protein with every meal
    I read it is good to eat protein with every meal when trying to lose or maintain your weight.

I know snacks are not meals, but just to make sure, does that tip include eatting snacks.

Thanks in advanc.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 07:02 AM
    You don't have to eat protein with every meal, and no it does not include snacks.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 11, 2013, 07:40 AM
    It depends on who is selling you a diet plan. There is a lot of disagreement about it. I tend to agree with tickle..
    We do burn foods in a certain order - the easiest to burn first. That is one of several reasons for combining food groups in each meal. If carbs are not present to produce needed calories, protein is burned, instead of being used to re-build the body.
    But there are also arguments against too much protein. Vegetarians can exist just fine with a minimal amount of protein from combined carbs (beans, grains, and seeds - and dairy and eggs if they aren't vegan or macrobiotic). And they aren't fat!
    So there are no-carb diets, all carb diets, and combined diets. Unless you want to put a lot of time and study into the first two, stay with the third. A small amount of protein, small amount of carbs, and a lot of fresh veggies in each meal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should we add enough fat to protein while cooking or can be consumed in the meal? [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you for the answer. I also want to know whether the fat that is supposed to help digest protein should be added while cooking the protein.. or is it enough if we consume some good fats suggested by you, like flax seed, oilve oil etcc.. in the same meal, but may be used in another dish that...

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

Meal replacements and protein shakes [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what the difference between protein shakes and meal replacements? I plan on taking slimfast for the vitamins and minerals instead of having to take vitamins!

Dog eatting cat droppinig [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my brother has a Sheltie which is two years old. My brother brings his dog to our house quite a bit. He lives just two houses down and doesn't like taking care of the dog so he brings him here for us to watch. The dog is sweet. We have three cats and another dog. The Sheltie will get into the...

View more questions Search