Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BluWednesday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2013, 12:08 AM
    No Respect?
    Why does my husband allow his family to disrespect me? He interacts with them as if nothing is going while they treat me like a dog..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 03:18 AM
    Probably because he doesn't respect you either. A wake up call maybe ?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 07:59 AM
    I agree with Tickle... if he allows this then clearly he has no respect for you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 11, 2013, 08:37 AM
    What part of the world are you in?
    Within some cultures (but not everyone) there seems to be a tendency to treat a new bride with disrespect. A lot depends on how good she is at being proud of herself and politely but firmly holding her ground. If she gets through the test, she is OK.
    What would happen if you said to the parents, 'I honor you as my husband's parents, but in order to earn my love and respect, I need it in return.' And to your husband, in front of his parents, 'I am willing to stand by you and honor you. I hope that you will do the same with me.'
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2013, 12:39 PM
    Why do they disrespect you? You've told him that you are being disrespected and he says/does nothing?

What does "treats you like a dog" involve? That's one of those inflammatory phrases that doesn't really explain much.

You can't tell them that you feel disrespected and remove yourself from their company? Let him visit if he wants to - without you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Respect [ 1 Answers ]

My child's father got out of prison back in April and we decided to pick up where we left off. Just recently we had a dispute about him not wanting me to be in the presence of men. So I told him fine, only cause I was trying to respect his feelings. Being funny, I said to him, well I think you...

Respect [ 3 Answers ]

How do I show respect to adults?

If l,b,h are respect [ 4 Answers ]

If l,b,h are respectively the length,breadth and height of a cuboid.what would be the volume of a new cuboid if each dimension is halved

Hi with respect [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I have a problem I want use Microsoft c and c++ But it don't work under windows 98 can I have windous98 and 3.1 together?how can I make my program exe in that? Thanks

What does respect mean to you? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any advice on respect in relationships/friendships. I am thinking about respecting space, values, requests, etc. What does respect mean to you?

View more questions Search