Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksphere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
    Why no intimacy in new marriage?
    Before we were married he showed interest in sex, we now have been married 9 months never consummated married. Says we just haven't been on the same page. Dr. has given him testosterone cream, doesn't use it. Gave him some pills, stayed on the desk 4 months. I am feeling very unfufilled, and very sad about the fact he hasn't attempted to touch me in a year. Other than that we have a good marriage but I feel like just a caretaker.

I also have one foot out the door. I do not want hurt him by any means, and do not want an affair, I just feel why am I here. I feel like the relationship is as if we are roommates. Do not know what to do next.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Have you tried talking to him about this calmly? There may be some underlying issues that you're not aware of.

What kind of ages are we talking about?

I would say at this point, if you are already feeling like this, and he doesn't seem willing to do anything about it, then maybe you are better off leaving him. It probably will not get better.

Try talking first and then take it from there.

Good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2013, 11:18 AM
    Have you spoken to a professional, a counselor, a Physician, gone to his Physician with him?

I'd be frustrated and sad.

Is he a virgin? Is that a factor? If there are religious concerns perhaps after years of being told it is not OK to have sex suddenly you are married and it is OK and he's having problems due to that?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 03:55 PM
    The real concern for me is you guys haven't figured out a solution in 9 months and you have no clue what's on his mind. What does he showed interest in sex before marriage mean?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 04:05 PM
    Do you share a bed? Does he wrap himself tightly in his blankets? Does he seem generally socially withdrawn? How is his eye contact? Is there any other kind of intimacy or touching between the two of you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of ou [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Aslamu alaikum Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of our parents. Actually I am in love last 5 yr I want to marry her and she also but her parents not agree to marry with me , and also my guardians have not to choice their. So can we marry with...

Can someone tell how they would describe intamacy [ 10 Answers ]

I have tried asking him what he meant many times but I just can't understand what he's talking about. I tried that a while back but well I'm just confused by the terms he uses as this whole sex peak just looses me and I don't understand one half of it at all You could add to that list ...

View more questions Search