Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janpuu Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 05:53 AM
    Education Gap and HR Function
    So, I recently read the article about Hispanics Education Gap and it said that the U.S workforce in the future will need to increase the level of education of the Latinos. I don't see how it is related to HR. What HR function that need to deal with education?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 06:21 AM
    HR in any large company is the source for offering employees continuing education in their field of choice, or for that matter, giving them the opportunity to up grade. These resources are already in place in many companies, it is up to an individual to tap into it.

Jun 9, 2013, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    HR in any large company is the source for offering employees continuing education in their field of choice, or for that matter, giving them the opportunity to up grade. These resources are already in place in many companies, it is up to an individual to tap into it.
    I still don't get it. What impact does education make to HR? What function is it? Training? Staffing? What do you think will be the trend for HR in the future? I think it's closing the education gap because everyone talks about it almost everyday.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 06:44 AM
    You are not reading what I wrote. Human Resources is the place for employees to go if they want to further their education be it from extra training, or extra courses (not staffing, what has that got to do with it?).

I don't know why this is pinpointing Latinos, they are no longer a minority now by any means.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 06:46 AM
    If people do not have proper education HR can not find proper people, and have to hire less qualified people. And no, it is HR job, to inform and help to keep employees embloyed and to help in future training for promotions.

I wlil say this, if this is a class, and you are study this, talk to the teacher, this is a obious question as to connection

Jun 9, 2013, 06:56 AM
    You are not reading what i wrote. Human Resources is the place for employees to go if they want to further their education be it from extra training, or extra courses (not staffing, what has that got to do with it?).

I dont know why this is pinpointing Latinos, they are no longer a minority now by any means.
    About staffing, I was just giving the example. And the article I read talked about Latinos, specifically Hispanics workers. They increase so fast and yet only a few of them have a degree.

Jun 9, 2013, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If people do not have proper education HR can not find proper people, and have to hire less qualified people. And no, it is HR job, to inform and help to keep employees embloyed and to help in future training for promotions.

I wlil say this, if this is a class, and you are study this, talk to the teacher, this is a obious question as to connection
    I understand the problem, but then how do you, HR, close the gap? Funding the whole school to get everyone educated? That's not going to happen.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by janpuu View Post
    I understand the problem, but then how do you, HR, close the gap? Funding the whole school to get everyone educated? That's not going to happen.
    No its not going to happen. But a good place to start is by building opportunities for the workers. Lets say that many hardly know english. It would benefit the company to integrate a program to allow for them to learn english. From there maybe post grants that are available and provide flex schedules so they can attend school outside the workplace. If HR develops and provides a nurturing environment then the employees are most likely to benefit from it and in the end it creates loyalty to the company.

Jun 9, 2013, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    No its not going to happen. But a good place to start is by building opportunities for the workers. Lets say that many hardly know english. It would benefit the company to integrate a program to allow for them to learn english. From there maybe post grants that are available and provide flex schedules so they can attend school outside the workplace. If HR develops and provides a nurturing enviroment then the employees are most likely to benefit from it and in the end it creates loyalty to the company.
    May I ask you a question: How do you compare this situation with China (where you are working), a place that is trying to increase number of college grads?
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by janpuu View Post
    May I ask you a question: How do you compare this situation with China (where you are working), a place that is trying to increase number of college grads?
    Im not in China. But also it's a privalige there and not a right like it is in the U.S.

Jun 9, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Sorry, I asked the wrong person but you put up another question for me. How is it a right in the U.S.
    Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 01:48 AM
    I am Canadian, but in the US they believe it is the land of opportunity and it is 'everyones right' to have the opportunity to better themselves.

Why do you think you asked the wrong person ?
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 03:06 AM
    I am Canadian, but in the US they believe it is the land of opportunity and it is 'everyones right' to have the opportunity to better themselves.

Why do yoiu think you asked the wrong person ?
    They stated I worked in China ;)
    Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 03:12 AM
    @cdad, mmm, yes I went back to read and couldn't see where you mentioned that, and then thought I had missed something, then put it down to too much AMHD for one day.
    BARBARAKT Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 11:28 PM
    It is not a right in the U.S.for employees to be trained by their employers but it could be a solution to help train employees to increase qualified employees within their company. There is a shortage of qualified (potential) new employees in allot of sectors. And with race as a selection factor there is a shortage more so with minorities. Employers are required to have a balance of minorities within their employee population and they can't find qualified employees within the majority or minority population in their demographic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it important to separate accounting function from the other function? [ 0 Answers ]

Why is it important to separate accounting function from the other functions of the organization?

finding two final equation of the 1) a sine function and 2) a cosine function [ 0 Answers ]

a man is standing 14 m away from the center of a spinning wheel that is 4m off the ground, spins at 4 rotations a second and has a diameter of 3m. If the man is 1.5m tall. Find the equation of the movement of a point and then determine how close does his head get from any part of the wheel?

Life's education or Formal Education - Which is more valuable, and why? [ 7 Answers ]

I know both are equally valuable on their own, but what if a person had to choose one or the other? I'm curious about how others view individuals that have had to make this decision.

Specifications i.e. spark plug gap,tappet gap hot & cold, air gap [ 1 Answers ]

I need these specs for a briggs & stratton Vanguard 16 hp v-twin ohv engine. Model no 303442.Thank u very much Jan

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

View more questions Search