Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyndle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Credit card collection
    What is the statue of limitations on credit card collection in the state of Ohio?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Just don't worry about it. You are better off without credit anyway.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 07:23 PM
    After 6-7 years depending on where you live they can't sue you anymore. But will will always owe them the money and they can call and send letters as long as they like.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Ohio Statutes of Limitation

Written or oral account: 6 years, (O.R.C. §2305.07).

Written contract: 15 years, (O.R.C. §2305.06).

Oral contract: 6 years (O.R.C. §2305.07).

Note payable at a definite time: 6 years, (O.R.C. § 1303 .16(A)); (2)).

Demand note: 6 years after the date on which demand is made or 10 years if no demand is made and neither principal nor interest has been paid over that time (O.R.C. §1303.16(B)).

Dishonored check or draft: 3 years after dishonor, (O.R.C. §1303.16 (C)).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Onr credit card collection agency can have multiple accounts? [ 1 Answers ]

LVNN Funding LLC RE: old Gateway account in 1999 for $1100 (however paid on it in 2001) sent me a judgement letter for $3500 saying they were going to garnish my wages, so I called them and made a settlement for $1400. A few days later, I received a 30 day notification form from LVNV Funding...

Credit Card Collection [ 7 Answers ]

I Have About 3 Account That Are In Collections. Can The Credit Card Company Take My Income Tax Return.

Credit card to collection [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I had a credit card that we unfortunately had to use a lot. We spoke to the credit card company and explained we could only pay a certain amount each month. We explained we were not always able to pay the amount on the bill (but sometimes we were). Instead of working out a payment...

Credit Card went to Collection [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a senior in college and just found out my credit card went to collection. I'm worried because it's with Citibank and I heard that they are ruthless. I did some travelling and was out of the country over the summer so I just forgot about the card and about paying. Apparently they had been...

View more questions Search