Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2013, 10:32 PM
    Five articles by Chairman Mao Tsetung
    I have a red vinyl covered little book titled, 'Five articles by Chairman Mao Tsetung', published by Foreign Languages Press, Peking, 1972, printed in the People's Republic of China. It is a second vest-pocket edition 1972.

I have searched the net for this title but with no success. The common title is, 'Quotations from Chairman Mao'. I am not sure if the contents of my book differ from the others.

What is the value of my book and is it rare?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2013, 10:42 PM
    Here's the citation from WorldCat (only two libraries in the world own it, one in the U.K. and one in the Netherlands) --

Title: Five articles by Chairman Mao Tsetung.
    Author(s): Mao, Zedong, 1893-1976.
    Publication: Peking : Foreign Language press,
    Edition: 2nd Vest-pocket ed.
    Year: 1972
    Description: VI, 59 p. : portr. ; 11 cm.
    Language: English
    SUBJECT(S)
    Descriptor: Communism--China.
    Communist strategy.
    Note(s): Transl. of: Mao zhuxi de wu pian zhuzuo./ Original: Oorspr. Chinese uitg.: Peking : People's Publishing house, 1967./ 1e uitg.: 1968.
    Document Type: Book
    Entry: 19850514
    Update: 20060921
    Accession No: OCLC: 71410233
    Database: WorldCat

Call or visit your public library, give Reference the above OCLC number (I put it in bold), and let them do a check on how rare this book is and what its value might be.
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2013, 03:52 AM
    Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.

I have tried the public library here in Sydney, Australia where I am living and working, with your Reference OCLC number but apparently the library staff have no idea how to look it up. SIGH!

The only find they got is that the University of Queensland has a copy of this book in its library and the other Australian states nothing.

So, I'm going to aasume that it's rare as I seem to have it personally.

Could you please provide me the names of the other two libraries - in the UK and the Netherlands as the library staff could not assist me here as well. ANOTHER SIGH!

Thanks for your kind assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Here's the citation from WorldCat (only two libraries in the world own it, one in the U.K. and one in the Netherlands) --

Title: Five articles by Chairman Mao Tsetung.
    Author(s): Mao, Zedong, 1893-1976.
    Publication: Peking : Foreign Language press,
    Edition: 2nd Vest-pocket ed.
    Year: 1972
    Description: VI, 59 p. : portr. ; 11 cm.
    Language: English
    SUBJECT(S)
    Descriptor: Communism--China.
    Communist strategy.
    Note(s): Transl. of: Mao zhuxi de wu pian zhuzuo./ Original: Oorspr. Chinese uitg.: Peking : People's Publishing house, 1967./ 1e uitg.: 1968.
    Document Type: Book
    Entry: 19850514
    Update: 20060921
    Accession No: OCLC: 71410233
    Database: WorldCat

Call or visit your public library, give Reference the above OCLC number (I put it in bold), and let them do a check on how rare this book is and what its value might be.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Netherlands UNIVERSITEIT LEIDEN
    United Kingdom UNIV OF LEEDS

Also, two copies are owned by the NATIONAL LIBR OF CHINA.

The Australian copy does not show up, so they must not use and enter books into OCLC (WorldCat).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salvaged Ssyang Yong Chairman Model CM500L [ 0 Answers ]

I need to find a Salvaged Ssyang Yong Chairman Model CM500L, can anyone help where I can find one? Accident Car most welcome. What I need is Central Control Panel Set with Audio/Video system with screen, A/C control unit and the switches on top of DVD screen. If any info, contact Sherali at...

Articles writing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am expected to write an article for a specific audience explaining why young people ARE NOT interested in apprenticeships. But the thing is, I have no idea why young people AREN't interested in apprenticeships. Could you please present some points to me. Thanks

Need inspiration for articles [ 2 Answers ]

I have to write some articles for a web site but don't know where to get inspiration from; I don't want my work to sound the same as all the others! Any suggestions? (The articles are to be about homes/improvements/decor etc but can be regarding any subject within this field)

View more questions Search