Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Guido44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2013, 11:15 AM
    Does his texting mean he is cheating?
    My husband and I have been married 30 years. 15 years ago, I suspected infidelity with a co-worker but had no proof. It lasted a few years. I recently discovered that he has been texting a 25-yr-old girl. He is 72. I started checking the phone bill and discovered that he has been sending from 60 to 70 texts per day. The same for her. I have been unable to find his cell phone when he is asleep and he keeps it with him at all times.

Finally I asked him about the texting and he said that she is teaching him Spanish (she is not Hispanic). He said she has a medical condition that she discusses with him. I asked him to let me see the text messages but he refused. I told him I think it would be best if we go our separate ways. He said he loves me and swears there is nothing more than just communicating on a father-daughter basis. He said he would do nothing to jeopardize our relationship.

I was born, but not yesterday. He goes for walks late at night and the texts are occurring during those times. He left one evening and did not come home until 1:30 in the morning. During the time he was gone, there were no texts recorded. I don't think I need to ask what is going on but I am asking anyway.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 8, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Who knows what he is doing with this young lady, but if he cheated once, IMO he would do it again. What he is doing is inappropriate. As long as you have been married, you know your man enough to know if he is cheating. Has his sex life with you changed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texting him [ 2 Answers ]

I like him a lot but what do I say to him through a text?

Texting ma ex [ 11 Answers ]

Do you guys think that it is weird that I can't stop contacting my ex after freaking 8 months. I will go up to two weeks without talking to her and then I'll send her a text message or something. I still think about her a good bit but I never call her. Usually if I write her I will immediately...

Only Texting [ 2 Answers ]

This guy and I have liked each other for about 3 months now, and everything was going fine. He was being super sweet and it was amazing. We just remained only friends because it took the stress out of it. But then we had spring break and I didn't see him for 2 weeks. I was so excited when I came...

My ex is texting me again... What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

I posted this one up about 2 weeks back https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=23777 Now after how it was left off on Friday her saying it will only complicate things more if we see each other as friends and for me to take care I get a text from her yesterday (4 days after I said that)....

View more questions Search