Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Uncertain_73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Personal growth.I believe this qualifies
    :confused: I Have been going to see a social worker for a little over a year{once a month}. It's for moral support basically. I know all about the code of ethics and possible pitty but I would like some advice on this... I first noticed that I seemed to make this social worker nervous. Always with the direct eye contact. I felt that this woman was attracted to me. So, I finally told her that I was attracted to her and think I should not come by anymore. I felt it would make her uneasy. She said no, that she wants me to keep coming, then she said she would like me to keep coming. I was and still am confused by why she wants me to continue coming if I just admitted to being attracted to her. Thus, making me aware that she has boundaries and that it would be best if I stopped coming. I don't understand why she insisted on me still coming. We talked for near an hour at 6pm, just her and I.I thought it would be over and done within ten minutes. What is going on Here ? :cool:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 06:28 PM
    You stated you are attracted to her - that should have been her cue to recommend another professional for you. Next time you see her ask for a referral to another person, stating that you have developed a "transference" to her. She ought to know what that is. If she does not refer you, you can report her to the state board of social workers. But she ought to refer you - or run the risk of tainting her relationship with you.

In fact, since this bothers you, and you have every right to feel this way, you can call her and ask for the referral over the phone. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beard Growth [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... I am 25 years Old and I still don't have much facial hair... what should I do..?

Hair Growth [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have been wanting my hair to grow long FOREVER! Cutting it and using special conditioner is not working. I have heard from some friends that taking Pre Natal Vitamins makes it grow longer. I am 21 and not looking to have a baby so is this going to mess with anything it is not supposed too?...

Roadblocks to Personal Growth [ 10 Answers ]

Lately here I have seen many posts and threads where its all too evident to me that some serious denial or pitypot parties are taking place to the detriment of the OP. Both of these really do a number on people, and makes it pretty close to impossible to help the person out too. Can you think of...

Growth iz what I need = help [ 8 Answers ]

What can I do 2 luk older than my age. I want to look older than my age, Please help me out der iz a reason... Please can you giv da answer rather than asking me why you want 2 do that, or anything else, please tell me how can I grow fast, really really fast Please Thanks

Growth Tabs [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my boyfriend just ordered Heightmax from online that claims to grow some inches. My boyfriend is 23 yrs old and I have some doubts about these pills. I believe its not going to work at all, but maybe Im just wrong. Please someone that knows, or that can read about this nutritional pill, can...

View more questions Search