Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Punktins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Sewing a Diaper Bag
    I am interested in sewing a diaper bag for my sister. She is having her first baby and I want to do something special. I've looked around for some free patterns but haven't come across anything. Does anyone have any patterns they have used before, or know of any good locations to get free patterns?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Mar 26, 2007, 04:40 AM
    I'm not sure if other than the internet there would be any place to get free designs for anything. (Wouldn't that be nice? )

Try the public library near your town. It's amazing what some libraries have in their art/craft/hobby section. Think about it as a treasure hunt! You may not find what you're looking for, but you may find something interesting that changes your original plans.

For cheap designs, hobby lobby and jo-anne fabrics can be helpful during big sales. (like when they clear out their fall and winter designs for spring!).

If all else fails, just make it up yourself! It's a big bag, with handles, with a BUNCH of pockets that measure to about the size of a bottle, small books, etc. Also, if you're unsure as to the sizes of these baby objects, put elastic in the top of the pocket so that it can stretch!

Good luck with your diaper bag!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
    http://craftapple.wordpress.com/2007...r-bag-pattern/
    http://www.geocities.com/alisaterry/sewyourown.html

Hope this helps
    amandafnnll Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Sep 2, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Check the local craft store... they have tons of bags I'm their books then you can match the code... I made one for my son that was too cute for words and it was from a pattern at walmart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Eye bag [ 1 Answers ]

I have bags underneath my eyes. What causes it and what can I do to make them go away:(

View more questions Search