Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howtobe Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 06:12 AM
    How to be fat?
    Help me please :( I need to be fat. I'm an Asian. 14yrs old and 5'1 tall. My weight is only 39. I need to be fat even just a little and to be fit and curvy because my collarbones are too obvious and I have a very skinny body. I just need to be fat. :( some people from school bullies me help please :(
    nourirannii Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 06:18 AM
    Okay I admit having a very thin and skinney body isn't that nice and attractive, but are you crazy? People and literally dying of exercise to have colarbones. Don't worry your body is going to change in later life...

Jun 7, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Hi @nourirannii I'm an Asian. And if a person is skinny, they see me as 'malnourished' and I hate it :( And I, myself also wanted to be fit and curvy :3 what can I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 7, 2013, 06:36 AM
    Do some research on famous curvy models and actresses. Many started as skinny little twigs who were teased. What are your parents like? Have you reached puberty? Some of it is genetic and some hormonal. Some of course is what you eat, but if you eat the same way your family does, then don't worry.
    You could try what anorexics are supposed to do, not that you are anorexic: eat small amounts, but every two hours. That way you aren't overloaded with a stuffed feeling, but are getting calories. Have your parents buy healthy snacks like granola bars and cheese and little yogurts. Nibble on Cheerios at your computer.
    Also take leftovers from the family meals and put them in little one cup containers to store in the fridge for between meals. Even 3 bites will help.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 06:40 AM
    When I was a teenager, I was overly skinny too. I could eat anything and it wouldn't let me gain weight. I got older and it just came happened. Now I am a "normal" weight. Give it some time.

Jun 7, 2013, 06:48 AM
    @joypulv heythere. Thanks for your advice. It helped me relieved and breathe. Thanks.

Jun 7, 2013, 06:52 AM
    @odinn, okay thank you. I appreciate it :) but I reall wanted to :(
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 7, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Also, all my nieces are half Asian (here in the US) and I think they are gorgeous because they are thin and long-legged beauties. Small boobs? Not a big deal at all, and they do wear lightly padded bras sometimes. Wearing tops that cover your collar bones and a slightly padded bra, and voilą, you shouldn't be teased. Teasing usually stops if you don't let it bother you, anyway. Just laugh or look disgusted or say 'grow up' or 'aren't there enough real problems in the world?'

Jun 8, 2013, 01:13 AM
    @joypulv awww I want to cry :((( :) thanks to you :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2013, 04:06 AM
    If they do not tease for this, they would tease for something, guess what, bullies that tease, do it because they want to make you feel bad, it is not the reason, they take anything.

And as a person living in China, Asian women are skinny, (many anyway) most look like they will blow away in the wind, The body design is different, As you get older, you will fill out some and mature, until then, just eat properly,
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 24, 2013, 07:45 PM
    First of all, the bullies are most likely suffering deep down inside. And true, they want to make you feel bad so that they feel better. People like this do not realize that it is only temporary if or when they feel better at your expense. Sounds like jealousy too. I'll bet you're beautiful.

Listen, 39 pounds for your age (and height) is quite thin. You want to be healthy FIRST. If you really want to gain some weight, you can do this by increasing your caloric intake. Actually, you can even exercise as well. There are many body building exercises to increase your weight believe it or not. It is true. You don't want to get fat necessarily, right? Just add on some healthy weight to fill out?

You can eat your carbs, have more protein, and naturally all the fruits and veggies you want. I don't know if you have any food sensitivities or food allergies since you didn't mention that. But when I say eat more protein for example, don't go too crazy with high fat meat products or too many eggs. You want to be just as careful gaining weight (and building muscle) as someone would losing weight. Remember, once you build muscle, your body is going to burn fat quicker.

Basically, 3500 calories un-burned will be a pound added to your weight. If you like pasta and rice, you're off to a good start. I go for whole wheat pasta myself. It is very very good if you flavor it correctly. Add some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). It is very tasty and good for you. With 14 grams of fat per tablespoon and 100 calories, that will send you well on your way to gaining a little weight. Easy does it if you're thinking of gorging on ice-cream and lots of sugar. Don't do that. A treat once in a while is okay but only that often.

Good luck to you and hold your head up around those bullies.
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jul 2, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Just in case... Wanted to correct myself... 120 calories in a tablespoon of EVOO.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2013, 11:02 AM
    She says she's Asian, so probably "39" is on the metric scale -- not pounds but kilograms which is 86 pounds.
    hixiefrance Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2013, 07:35 AM
    I know this might sound stupid and not very helpful, but you just have to ignore the bullies.
    Don't try to make yourself fat, the bullying will be worse, these people will see that what they are saying has an affect on you, so they will just carry on to get a reaction.
    If you are healthy, and eating the right amount there is no reason for you to try and put on weight.
    You are naturally skinny, don't let these people put you down, be proud and just accept your body the way that it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not fat but have belly fat [ 5 Answers ]

I don't look fat at all, but at some point I started gaining wieght and my stomach started to get fatter and fatter. All I want to do is get rid of it because the fat in there doesn't look quite nice. I'd be glad to hear an answer on ohw to lose my belly fat.:o Thanks

Is fat burning exercise useful to prevent storage of fat and weight loss? [ 2 Answers ]

Is fat burning exercise useful to prevent storage of fat and weight loss?

If an athlete weighs 153 and has 15.0 body fat by weight, how many pounds of fat doe [ 2 Answers ]

If an athlete weighs 153lb and has 15.0% body fat by weight, how many pounds of fat does the athlete's body contain?

Why does Fat in food have anything to do with Fat in the body ? [ 8 Answers ]

Why does Fat in food have anything to do with Fat in the body ? Fat in the Body ought to be the stored form of surplus calories in food. Surplus calories are dependent on total calories in food and total expenditure From Body. Total calories have no direct relation to Fat calories. Similarly...

View more questions Search