Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tracey1546 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 10:07 PM
    CPA, felon in AZ
    I received a felony conviction for conspiracy to import MDMA when I was 19, 10 years ago. I changed my life and went to school for bachelors in accounting, 4.0 in my courses and passed the CPA exam with high scores. Do I have a chance at convincing the state board to grant my license? I have been worried sick that all Of my hard work may have been for nothing...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 04:52 AM
    They review it on a case by case basis, so you will just have to apply, I would be prepared to prove how you changed your life, activities that show this change
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2013, 04:53 AM
    I am not familiar with the laws in Arizona; however, most if not all states have an opportunity for someone who has been convicted of a crime to wipe the slate clean. This includes some felonies. Based on the limited data you provided if you have in fact totally turned your life around then it sounds like you would be eligible. Call an attorney and ask about expungement. Usually felonies are included if there was no weapon, bodily harm, sexual in nature, and a few other stipulations.

Good luck!

Jun 7, 2013, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    They review it on a case by case basis, so you will just have to apply, I would be prepared to prove how you changed your life, activities that show this change
    Thanks for the reply! I've sent my application in with an explanation so fingers crossed!

Jun 7, 2013, 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately it is a federal conviction and my understanding is the only way to wipe the slate clean is with a presidential pardon but I may be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    I am not familiar with the laws in Arizona; however, most if not all states have an opportunity for someone who has been convicted of a crime to wipe the slate clean. This includes some felonies. Based on the limited data you provided if you have in fact totally turned your life around then it sounds like you would be eligible. Call an attorney and ask about expungement. Usually felonies are included if there was no weapon, bodily harm, sexual in nature, and a few other stipulations.

Good luck!!

rstep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2013, 08:52 PM
    I am in the same boat as you, can you let me know what the result is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between being a ex felon and a ex sex felon of 1993 in referen [ 0 Answers ]

What is the differences of being an ex felon and an ex sex felon of 1993 in references to job searchig for a driver position?

Can a convicted felon obtain a CPA license in Louisiana? [ 1 Answers ]

Good day to all. I am living in Louisiana. I was convicted of copyright infringement (downloading computer software) and sentenced to 5 months imprisonment and 1 year of probabtion. After hurricane Katrina, I realized that it was time for a career change since the company I woked for at the time...

CPA & felon [ 1 Answers ]

Can a felon be a CPA?

View more questions Search