Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Norahd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Sciatica Pain or is it ?
    Hi Everyone,

I wonder can anyone shed any light on my problem. I went to my local Doctor who said there was nothing wrong with me after examining me.

I have had a very bad dull pain in my lower back (right side only) when I wake up every morning for about 6 months. The pain usually goes away after I exercise and stretch. It takes about 4 hours to go. I have noticed recently that it has got a bit worse and now the pain is taking longer to subside and is going up my back. I am wondering what this is as I also notice when I wake up at 6.30am the pain is always there and I feel as if my bladder is about to burst even though I haven't had much fluid the night before.

I wonder can anyone help me as it is hard to bear.

Thanks

Norahd
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
    I know about pain from the sciatic nerve as I have had to endure it two times in my life. I would go to a chiropractor concerning it - one who will adjust your whole back and not just your neck. I did and the adjustments worked great! The second time it happened, I went to a massage therapist. That also worked great!

Orthopedic doctors might also be able to help.

A link that may be of use for you:

What you need to know about sciatica
    averybojangles Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2007, 09:47 PM
    You need a second opinion. Did they test your urine? You could have a bladder infection, kidney infection, or even kidney stones that are tiny enough to pass.
    It could be sciatica, but that would be totally unrelated to the bladder issue.

Go see a doctor that will listen and get some blood and urine tests done... maybe even a CT scan of your kidneys.

Hope this helps.
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 15, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Norahd
    Hi Everyone,

I wonder can anyone shed any light on my problem. I went to my local Doctor who said there was nothing wrong with me after examining me.

I have had a very bad dull pain in my lower back (right side only) when I wake up every morning for about 6 months. The pain usually goes away after I exercise and stretch. It takes about 4 hours to go. I have noticed recently that it has got a bit worse and now the pain is taking longer to subside and is going up my back. I am wondering what this is as I also notice when I wake up at 6.30am the pain is always there and I feel as if my bladder is about to burst eventhough I haven't had much fluid the night before.

Thanks

Norahd
    I had the same thing. I stated doing yoga and running a mile every day. This helped. Some people lack an enzyme needed to digest beef. This can be a sign of that. Quit eating beef for at least two weeks, with exercise, and see if it improves. Have you been tested for diverticulitis? This is an inflammation in the intestine, usually treatable with laxatives or antibiotics. Sugar, caffeine, alcohol, or nicotene could also be the culprit. A good yoga exercise is to lay on your back. Flip your legs over your head until your toes touch the ground behind your head. Grab your toes. Lay with your feet and arms behind your head for about 2 min. Try massage or a chiropractor. If none of this helps, go back to the doc. And ask for tests. It could be constipation also. Try taking fiber.
    annetteamr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Norahd
    Hi Everyone,

I have had a very bad dull pain in my lower back (right side only) when I wake up every morning for about 6 months. The pain usually goes away after I exercise and stretch. It takes about 4 hours to go. I have noticed recently that it has got a bit worse and now the pain is taking longer to subside and is going up my back. I am wondering what this is as I also notice when I wake up at 6.30am the pain is always there and I feel as if my bladder is about to burst eventhough I haven't had much fluid the night before.

Thanks

Norahd
    I have something similar. I was diagnosed with a severe stenosis which is narrowing of the spine. It cuts off circulation so if you are having weakness or pain in your legs that would be a possibility. Depending on your age check out your PSA, (prostate) as well.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Get xrayed for kidney/bladder stones-you sound like you have the typical symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In pain [ 7 Answers ]

I'm so sick I'm tired I have lots of uti infections .kidney stones I cath myself my doctors are giving me the run around giver something 4 pain send her home that's not helping me its not fixing the problem:confused:

Pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been getting what felt like period pains for about two weeks now, I did think it could have been to do with not taking my pill correctly as my period started half way through the course, but it only lasted afew days and the pain, has changed, Now it like an underlying pain all the time,...

Help I am in pain [ 8 Answers ]

I broke off part of my frenck nail and it also riped off most of my real nail and if I don't pull it off will it reattach? I need to know I don't have any inc. and I don't know what to do I wash it with jerm killing soap but it hurts bad... help me someone... :confused:

In pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a hernia repair and a gauze was inserted surgeon has damaged nerve in leg and groin, shooting pains in leg like a needle inside this was last may.can it b cured?and if so how?they keep giving me pills to take help please

Sciatica [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hope I spelled it right, I get this pain just above my buttocks /lower back and the doc says sciatica and there is nothing I can do about it only live with, iam 54 years old male ,I am pretty fit just maybe 16 punds over weight any help appreciated regds mike

View more questions Search