Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prakaru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 07:25 PM
    How to convince parents for love marriage?
    We both are 27 and struggling since a year to convince parents of love marriage. We don't see any spot light till now. Both our parents are equally stubborn respective to caste, prestige, society, relatives and so many other things.

We both have elder sisters who are advising us to sacrifice our love so that their in laws would not treat them bad! Also they say they will never talk to us in life because it is disrespecting their in laws! We are very confused and don't know what to do.

Every time I think of separating from him I feel like hell and sometimes killing myself. I can't imagine my life without him. Please help me
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Would you two leave and start over elsewhere?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 08:06 PM
    What is he willing to do for this love marriage if the parents cannot be convinced? Ask him.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 6, 2013, 11:09 PM
    You both get civil marriage and get separated from your both families. Live independently.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 02:42 AM
    You should have both asked permission before you got too involved, After they say no, you either break up and let parents arrange a marriage for you, at 27 it is past time for that almost,

Arrnage marriages is common, and you are going against many beliefs in this, I see no reason they ever will, so it is your choice to break from parents and family or break from boyfriend

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my parents for my love marriage? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All,I'm honey,, Me and my boyfriend are in a relationship for last 1 year. The problem is he is elder to me by 10 years, and he belong to a marathi brahmin family and I'm from a hindu reddy family. I have one elder sister,comparing to my parents she is the big trouble to my love marriage,before...

How should I convince my parents for love marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This is Neha here from Mumbai. Need to convince my parents for my love marriage. I really like a guy & we both want to marry. The issue is of the kundali matching which has issues but can be resolved also. The family background of the guy is also very good & we also belon from the same...

How to convince your parents for love marriage [ 0 Answers ]

Hello sir and mam. 1.mai jaat hu aur mai jis ladki ko pyaar karta hu vo bhi jaat hai. 2.Hum ek dusre ko 7 saal se pyaar karte hai,mai mechanical engineer hu aur vo m.s.c in chemistry hai. 3.meri mom ka gotra (pachere) aur uske papa ka gotra (pachere) same hai.. 4 jis vajeh se humare ghar vale...

How-convince-parents-love-marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am yuvaraj,I have a problem *** read carefully and tell good sugestion. Past 11 years I love with one girl. Both are very thickest lovers. I am very much loves her. In my parents accepted my love, but her parents not accepted . Why they are not accepted means both are same caste but 3 year...

View more questions Search