Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 6, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Colon Polyps
    If you have a family history of colon cancer, does having benign polyps mean you have an increased risk of developing the disease later?
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Jun 6, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Yes, it will increase your chances of getting cancer.
    That will be only a risk factor; it does not mean that you will get cancer for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colon polyps [ 5 Answers ]

My mom told me when she goes for colonosopys the doctor finds polyps but removes them, there was a cousin in the family that died of colon cancer and that was it. When I had told my doctor she didn't really seem concerned. She's kind of out there anyway, but is she right?

Polyps during well woman exam? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my first well woman exam since I had my son 22 months ago. She mentioned to me that I had polyps on the outside of the opening of my vagina, and not to worry about it unless they were painful. When I got home I looked and noticed several huge flat tags around the opening and a little inside...

D&c uterine polyps [ 1 Answers ]

I have had very mild spotting, a couple of drops for 2 days, between my periods for 7 years. My doctor did a hysteroscopy and d&c and removed 4 polyps 4 days ago. I am extremely modest and have been traumatized by having this procedure! I've heard the polyps can come back and was wondering how...

What are polyps? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just been to see a gynocologist, first he did an internal examination, then he did a C.T scan, then he inserted a strange long looking camera, so that he could get a good look at my uterus, ovaries etc etc. Anyway, this is when he discovered this very small polyp, either on my ovary or my...

View more questions Search