Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TDCRRA Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 02:34 PM
    Quickbooks
    I have a rental company and am using quickbooks for it

I am having trouble entering the rental amounts. When I do an invoice for a customer and choose the class and then do the payment and then go to the checkbook and do the deposit and choose the class it always seems to be entered twice in the customers report of the"profit and loss by class" .

If I don't choose the class then the amount goes into the "uncaterized" section of the profit and loss by class report. I would like to do it right!

What is the deal about this class stuff. Why is it getting entered twice for my customers balance. It is very confusing. What is the best way and least confusing way to do this in quickbooks?

Can someone help me? Thank you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Im not overly familiar with that software but it sounds like you have "recurring entry" checked off somewhere. A recurring entry is one that doesn't change month to month such as in a rental payment.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Have you tried looking here?

QuickBooks Support - Record a journal entry in QuickBooks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Quickbooks [ 3 Answers ]

I have just installed Quickbooks Pro 2008 for a gravel company. Where do I begin to setup this late in the year? Does anyone have a chart of accounts template for this industry? They also have intermengeled in their company their personal finances and rentals, how do I handle all of this?

Quickbooks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Hopefully I click on the right topic anyhow I being having problems trying to figure out where or how I can put all the expenses for each job in quickbooks Thanks hope you can help Carmen K

Quickbooks Question [ 1 Answers ]

The company I work for has uncleared checks dating back to 1999. We want to get rid of these to have a true balance. How do I get rid of these without throwing off all of the other year balances? Is there a way to do it in 2004. I know you could do a journal entry but that wouldn't unclear the...

View more questions Search