Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Jun 6, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Adventure movie, like Indiana Jones/Allan Quatermain
    Ok, I've been puzzling over this for ages...

A few years ago (probably mid 90s), I caught part of a movie on TV and never knew what it was called.

It was an adventure, with a main character similar to Indiana Jones or Allan Quatermain. I believe he was a fictional character from a book or something that had come to life - obviously well known because other characters recognised him, but didn't believe he was for real. I remember him saying "We believe, so why don't they?". Plot devices from the book came through into the movies reality, the one that stands out for me is a Jeep or Land Rover coming down from the sky on a parachute.

If anyone know's what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate any help to find the title.

Thank you!
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Jun 7, 2013, 09:26 AM
    Not to worry, I found it. In case anyone was wondering it's Jake Speed (1986) - IMDb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indiana Jones Lego--Any Ideas? Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

My nephews birthday is next Tuesday, he's asked for a Indiana Jones Lego set. He said it's a car, that can go on water. I've looked for it but haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know the name of this specific lego set? It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!!

An Indiana Jones scene [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a scene in an Indiana Jones movie where Jones has a warning that he'll be in danger to go any further in his quest. Can you tell me if there's one and in what movie and where in the film if you know:confused:Thanks.

Adventure movie from the 90's [ 1 Answers ]

There was this one film where I recall it being a young girl and guy that discovered gold in this old mountain. They took a boat to this cave and nearly drowned, however they ended up trapped and eventually traveled through the cave and found gold. Anyone know the name of this film?

What movie name? Movie type: adventure/ treasure/ pirates [ 1 Answers ]

Movie type: adventure/ treasure/ pirates Begins in the winter, a boys father is asked to return as a sailor on a ship; the boy decides to go in place of his dad. The boy is joined by two family friends, an older young man (character name might be Jense) and a young woman. The boy becomes...

An Adventure Movie! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I Am Looking For This Movie And This Is What I Remember It To Be About, There Were People On A Party Ship They Were All Celebrating The New Year And This Huge Tidal Wave Comes And Turns The Ship Completley Over Most People Die But There Are Some Survivors And Throughout The Whole Movie They Are...

View more questions Search