Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kllow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 06:50 PM
    Central heat blowing air but central air is not
    Hello,

My central heat is blowing air through the vents fine but my central air will not blow air. What could the problem be. The compressor is coming on and the fan is spinning. Please help.

Thanks,

Dave
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2013, 07:27 PM
    Does the A/C use the furnace fan or is it self contained? Often an easy way to tell is by the physical size of the outdoor unit. If it is 2 feet square or so it uses the furnace fan. If it is 4-5 feet by about 2 feet, it is probably self contained. Another way to tell is if there are copper lines going from the outdoor unit to the furnace, in which case it would use the furnace fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

My central heat is blowing cold air? [ 5 Answers ]

My breaker keeps flipping also for the unit. What could be the problem

Central heat and air not blowing cold [ 0 Answers ]

The fan motor went out on my central air unit. We replaced the motor but now it is not blowing cold air. What could cause this

Why is central (electric)heat blowing cold air [ 2 Answers ]

We have a lennox central heat (electric)/air system and it is blowing cold air when set for heat. What could be the problem and what can we do to start narrowing some of the maybe's down to the right thing?

Central Heat and Air not blowing air at all [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a girl trying to save myself a little money and maybe embarrassment before I call someone out to look at my a/c problem. You know, trying to avoid the fact that I all I had to do was plug it in... ha/ha. I just moved into an apartment, everything was fine until all of a sudden I...

View more questions Search