Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerbraid Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan 54108
    I am trying to find a light kit that is compatible with this fan. The help people are telling me the one I have should work but it is a screw mount and the receptacle is a side 3 screw mount. If anyone has a model number, or product number, that is compatible, PLEASE help me! :)

Thank you!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Once you remove the bottom or pan of the fan housing it should accept a light fixture. The pan is usually a disk the size of a cup held on with 3-4 screws. They are pretty much universal if your fan was designed to accept a light kit to begin with.

Mar 24, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Quick review of this Lowe's exclusive fan unit makes not mention of a light kit as an option. You may be out of luck at this point.
    tiggerbraid Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbraid
    I am trying to find a light kit that is compatable with this fan. The help people are telling me the one I have should work but it is a screw mount and the receptacle is a side 3 screw mount. If anyone has a model number, or product number, that is compatable, PLEASE help me!! :)

Thank you!!
    Yes, I have done that. But it appears that the housing will allow a three side screwed in light fixture. The one they keep telling me is compatible has the female ends to accept on the top of the light fixture but there are no screws (the male) to slide it into.

Thanks for the help though!

Mar 24, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Did you find two wires under the cap marked for "light fixture" ? If not and based on Lowe's website your fan might not allow a light fixture. The site does not say you can add a light.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Any light kit should be compatible with this fan. You remove the switch housing, remove the plug from the hole at the bottom center of the switch housing, and screw the light into that hole. It wires inside the switch housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

The Bulb In This Fan Has Blown Out. How Do I Remove The Globe To Change The Bulb. Model # Ac552----item # 18267 Jun 01

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently gotten a Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan with 4-lights installed (by a professional), remote control operated, but now it is not working! It does not operate with the remote control. Is there a way to by-pass the remote and manually operate it? Or, does the remote needs replacement? I...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is 2 years old. It suddenly stopped responding to the remote control. Battery in remote is new. Dip switches in original position on remote (all 4 up). Cannot see switches on motor housing without dismantling it. Anything to do to avoid calling service person to...

View more questions Search