Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PitaBread Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 03:49 PM
    No taxes withheld from paycheck?
    I just accepted a new position and was told for the first three months no taxes would be taken from my paycheck.

1. Why would a company choose to do this during the "trial period?"
    2. I think I am supposed to put aside an amount (based on my tax bracket) that would normally be withheld because I may owe this when I file my taxes next year, correct?
    And 3. Should I be worried?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 27, 2007, 09:25 PM
    1) I can think of no reason.

2) Yes, as YOU are responsible for paying the taxes.

3) Do not know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No taxes taken out of paycheck [ 3 Answers ]

I just started working for a small business daycare and there are no taxes taken out, we are paid with hand-written business checks but, I was asked to fill out a w-4 for (2007) just wondering what to do or how this works at the end of the year or if I should be taking taxes out myself each pay...

Taxes withheld on bonus [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir or madam How do I calculate taxes withheld on 2598.00 My 401k deducted was 129.90 (and is 401k deducted on your bonus) My exemptions are 3 I AM IN NEW YORK Rgds

No taxes taken out on a weekly paycheck [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was told. Once or twice a year that one could request for No taxes to be taken out of your weekly paycheck. True or NOT? If one could do this what is it called? How does it work? Thank you LuAnn

Question about taxes withheld [ 1 Answers ]

I claim 0, 0 and live in Kentucky. Can you please tell me the percentage of taxes taken out?

Non-resident: refund of taxes withheld on W2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm here becaues I'm in need for help about my tax return for 2004 since I find myself in a strange situation. I'm an Italian living in Italy but I've been working during all of 2004 for a US company (telecommuting from Italy) that now issued me a W2 with all the wages that I earned...

View more questions Search