Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lckrhk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 08:58 AM
    Credit Card Collection Laws
    I received a civil suit for a credit card from my deceased husband, it was in both our names. The only money I have is SS and my husbands pension, and his life insurance money in an ING account.
    Can any of my accounts be garnished for $868.10 ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2013, 09:50 AM
    If you are a party to the credit card, then yes, if they obtain a judgement any assets you have can be seized. Certain government pensions are exempt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overseas Credit Card debt collection affecting credit rating in Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

I do live in Canada and I have an outstanding CC debt with a world-renown bank in the UK, but for reasons beyond my control I am unable to make overseas payments. It is not a matter of not trying or wanting to pay, but other reasons are involved... How could or will non-payment of a...

Credit card collection [ 3 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations on credit card collection in the state of Ohio?

Credit Card Collection [ 7 Answers ]

I Have About 3 Account That Are In Collections. Can The Credit Card Company Take My Income Tax Return.

Credit card to collection [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I had a credit card that we unfortunately had to use a lot. We spoke to the credit card company and explained we could only pay a certain amount each month. We explained we were not always able to pay the amount on the bill (but sometimes we were). Instead of working out a payment...

Credit Card went to Collection [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a senior in college and just found out my credit card went to collection. I'm worried because it's with Citibank and I heard that they are ruthless. I did some travelling and was out of the country over the summer so I just forgot about the card and about paying. Apparently they had been...

View more questions Search