Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munosmartinez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 08:47 AM
    12x12 granite for countertop
    I had someone "help" me to save $ & laid the 12x12 granite tiles on my existing counter... he did nOt smooth the edges! What can be done at this point... its "glued down" & he trying to figure out what to do now on edges!! Help!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2013, 10:38 AM
    When installed did you put factory edge to the front?

You can use 1/2'' oak by 1 1/2'' as a facing. This can be nailed to existing counter edge.

Chuck
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 6, 2013, 11:22 AM
    Home Depot sells 12 x 12 x 3/8 granite tiles with no finished edge.
    It's a little late to add a smooth edge. I'd put a wood edge under it as Chuck suggested. It's not a bad 'natural' look.
    HD sells some very pretty wood trim with a leaf pattern pressed into it, in various widths and lengths.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install 12 x 12 granite on countertop [ 1 Answers ]

What do I use as a base to install 12 x 12 granite tile on a countertop ?

Rough granite countertop [ 0 Answers ]

I recently moved to a house and the granite countertops in the kitchen are not smooth. When I rub my across the counter it is quite coarse and if you shine a light and look closely you can see a lot of little fractures, almost like the stone is flaking off but nothing actually comes off. Is there a...

Cutting granite countertop [ 10 Answers ]

Hi,everyone. We have an "L" shaped island in our kitchen We would like to remove and reuse the granite countertop, but it would mean just making 2 straight cuts to alter its size. It only has to be cut about 22" on 1 side, and 42" on the other. There are only 3 cabinets that the granite is laying...

Installing a granite countertop for a bar [ 1 Answers ]

I want to put a granite countertop on a bar - what kind of supports are needed? The countertop will be sitting on top of a wall - on one side there will be kitchen cabinets, but about 6 inches lower than the bar height (normal cabinet height) - the other side will be available for seating with bar...

Installing 12x12 granite tiles as countertop [ 9 Answers ]

I want to install 12x12 granite tiles as a new counter top. Do I need to install backer board? I would like to butt them to one another, and if I do, do I still need to grout them?

View more questions Search