Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Ah yes, the conservative nannyers want to ban everything - apparently they know what's better for us than we do.
    I don't give a rat's arse what you do, but I'll fight for the right to life for babies, the most innocent, helpless human life, to my dying breath. I'm not one bit ashamed of that. I'd be ashamed to support infanticide as you do.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 04:27 PM
    But you'll gladly support other people's children dying in a needless war.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 04:39 PM
    But deny those same kids food stamps, or a living wage, or an education. Not you but elected righties.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    But you'll gladly support other people's children dying in a needless war.
    Wrong bucko. When you care to argue honestly let's talk.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    But deny those same kids food stamps, or a living wage, or an education. Not you but elected righties.
    Again, wrong bucko. I'm all for feeding people who need the help, I do so personally every month along with helping to pay for their education. I don't support taking your resources to feed others, I'll gladly sacrifice my own resources but not yours.

You would gladly deny me the privilege of helping others by taking my resources to use as you please denying my choice to make better use of those resources for the 'common good', whether they actually NEED my help or not. You yourself argued that Filthy Filner was a local issue so let them work it out. I know what my locals need so so let me work it out without your interference.

And I will never support the pathetic, biased, FAILING liberal public education that serves the interests of teachers and unions more than the children. You can feed the union masters and I'll feed the children.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Good luck, there are millions of 'em.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I know what my locals need so so let me work it out without your interference.
    Do you help them all (your locals), or are there some you have no additional resources for? If that's the case, what happens to the ones you cannot help?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2013, 08:06 PM
    Speech has a solution he would offer them the same solution he offers his lame horse
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 01:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    speech has a solution he would offer them the same solution he offers his lame horse
    And of course the government is much better at confiscating other peoples money and distributing it to those in need. But we know that is not the case , because if it were ,then there would be no need for all these local,national,and international private charities. We know that's not so because after all the decades of wars on poverty ,of ever expanding expenditure of public resources on education... the poverty levels have not significantly changed ,and our school systems in fact have deteriorated ;getting less bang for the buck ,and leaving generations of kids behind. The undeniable truth is that government SUCKS at that type of thing .It is not a matter of how much they pick from your pocket... its how they manage it .
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 02:52 AM
    Rave on Tom and avoid the issue. Relying on the beficience of the rich doesn't get the job done and of course it never will, because they create the situation in the first place by denying a living wage to the lowest paid workers, by creating a health care system that is just a tax deduction so that someone without a job doesn't get care and worst still by buying the loyalty of the very people who are supposed to represent the masses. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough but when is it enough when they export the jobs and call it enterprise
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 03:00 AM
    So the job creators are the problem... more strange lefty thinking .
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 03:54 AM
    Tom I come back to the definition of madness to do the same thing and expect different results. You continue to rely on the past and it isn't working for you. The reason is these job creators have become greedy and what's more they have realised what your founders realised, there is great profit in the use of slave labour and if you can't get slave labour get cheap labour.

This is a new age, we are beyond enlightenment now, every man is enlightened, but it seems no smarter
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Good luck, there are millions of 'em.
    Combined with the gifts of others using it efficiently it goes a lot further than filtering it through the government bureaucracy.

See Detroit, where all those unfunded liabilities to union workers and every other liberal solution imaginable has left them bankrupt and without basic services.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 04:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do you help them all (your locals), or are there some you have no additional resources for? If that's the case, what happens to the ones you cannot help?
    Am I in this alone or are you helping too?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 05:32 AM
    Am I in this alone or are you helping too?
    Of course! I even help your locals that you aren't able to help personally.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Of course! I even help your locals that you aren't able to help personally.
    And see, I avoided the snark and asked nicely and this is what I get, a stick in the eye. Remember that next time you whine about me. Still waiting to see all those names I called you...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 05:46 AM
    And see, I avoided the snark and asked nicely and this is what I get, a stick in the eye. Remember that next time you whine about me. Still waiting to see all those names I called you...
    How was that snarky? It's my tax dollars at work helping those you can't afford to help voluntarily.

I didn't bother to search since you very neatly proved my point yesterday.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2013, 05:56 AM
    How was that snarky? It's my tax dollars at work helping those you can't afford to help voluntarily.

I didn't bother to search since you very neatly proved my point yesterday.
    How is it snark? Seriously? Let's just call a truce, OK?
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2013, 05:34 PM
    Nothing to see here, move along...

NBC San Diego : Mayor's Accuser: I Asked For Help, He Asked for Date

A nurse and a U.S. Marine claim San Diego Mayor Bob Filner abused his elected office when he asked for a date in exchange for helping a wounded veteran solve a problem with Veterans Affairs.

Marine Katherine Ragazzino spoke Tuesday about a meeting with Filner in which the mayor implied that he would help solve Ragazzino’s issue with the VA only if Tyler agreed to attend a public event with him or have dinner with him.Ragazzino suffered a traumatic brain injury and PTSD while serving in Iraq
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2013, 03:02 PM
    As if preying on a woman trying to help a wounded marine wasn't bad enough, several female veterans are coming forward claiming Filner hit on them, too... and they were victims of sexual assault.

The man on the voicemail is flirty and clearly asking for a date. But it's the name on the message that's raising red flags.

"Hi, it's your newly favorite congressman, Bob Filner. You know, the one who fell in love with you at your last speech," he told Eldonna Fernandez.

He also asked her out to dinner in the message.

"I don't want to wait 'til you come back to have dinner with you," he said.

That message was left a year ago, while Filner was serving his 10th term as a U.S. congressman. He had met Fernandez at a National Women's Veterans Association of America "Healing and Hiring Fair."

When Fernandez got the message, she immediately deleted it. But when sexual harassment allegations against the now-San Diego mayor began to surface a few weeks ago, she remembered the "creepy" message and was surprised to find it still sitting in her iPhone's voicemail trash.

"Ugh. It creeps me out, it creeps me out," Fernandez said. "The guy's got problems."

But the unwanted voicemail isn't the real problem for Fernandez. It's where and to whom he made inappropriate advances.

Fernandez, along with Army veteran Gerri Tindley, joins 11 other women who have publicly accused Filner, 70, of making unwanted advances, from groping to verbal passes.

They are also among at least eight female veterans and members of the National Women's Veterans Association of America (NWVAA) in San Diego who have made accusations against the mayor. Almost all of the women say they were victims of sexual assault while they were in the military.

The women, like Fernandez, say the former chairman of the House Veterans' Affairs Committee used his significant power and credentials to access military sexual assault survivors, who they say are less likely to complain.

Fernandez is a retired master sergeant from the Air Force. She served 23 years in the United States and was deployed to the Middle East after 9/11.

She said she was raped three times during her service. Like many victims of military sexual assault and rape, she suffered in silence, believing the system would never support her.

In civilian life, Fernandez now speaks openly about her assaults and is an active member of the NWVAA, which supports victims of military sexual assault.

Fernandez was speaking at an NWVAA event in August 2012 when she exchanged business cards with Filner.

"He looks at my card. He looks at me. He says, 'Fernandez. Are you married? Do you have a husband?' Very quick, very direct. I said, 'No, I'm divorced.' 'Well, you're beautiful, and I can't take my eyes off you, and I want to take you to dinner.' I was really shocked and I was like, 'Uh, OK,'" Fernandez said.

Then came the phone call and voicemail, which Fernandez never returned.
    Might I emphasize that Filner was still a US congressman at the time, for 4 years he was chairman of the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee. So how long was he preying on vulnerable women, using his position and power to wage his war on women? And who else knew?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The war on women [ 1516 Answers ]

Hello: We've had post after post about this alleged war on women. The right wing says, what war? There's nothing going on here. Look over there. Then they accuse the Democrats of pitting women against men. They just want to talk about jobs... But, even after those discussion, the war on...

The war on women round II [ 20 Answers ]

U.S. drops the ball on women's rights - CNN.com It seems the US is indeed conducting a war on women which places it in the same league as the restrictive society of Iran, and why, because instead of acknowledging gains endorsed by most of the world, it is a hold out for some utopian view, what...

Obama's war on women [ 18 Answers ]

Why does Obama hate women? Add to that the fact that Obama doesn't care about real life issues women are facing such as gas and grocery prices instead of $9.00 contraceptives, and I'd say Obama is the one waging a war on women, not Republicans.

View more questions Search