Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinarjune Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 05:02 AM
    Sony dav s500
    Hi there for the pass few weeks my sony dvd player says headphone is in but it is not then I relize that the headphone socket is reap out can someone tell me hot to fix this
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 5, 2013, 06:22 AM
    It depends on how it broke. If the little round knurled bolt that holds it to the case came off either find it or replace it. If the plastic of the case broke maybe glue would put it back. A headphone jack has three wires, one common ground for both stereo channels and two separate wires for left and right. There is usually also a spring like switch that will turn the speakers off when the headphone pin is inserted. It sounds like that switch is open and telling the unit there is a headphone plugged in. The switch would be separate wires and is usually just a break in the common ground line feeding to the speakers.
    kevinarjune Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 03:05 PM
    Hi thank for replying okay the headphone socket is just missing and I don't know where it is and there is five wire not three. Can I just join them to make my external speaker work back and which one should I join . I would replace it but the country that I live in does not have parts for these equipment and if they had I would had to search my entire city for it. I don't mine if my headphone does not work back again and the 5 wires are black red blue white yellow so can you please help me( p.s) I do not have money to buy a new one thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 Mercedes S500 engine stops when waiting at a light [ 1 Answers ]

The last few days, my 97 Mercedes S500 just stops while I'm at a stop light. The dashboard lights come on, and I have to restart the engine. How do I fix this?

Dest error in sony dav-hdx589w [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have Sony DAV-HDX589W, I was trying to make it region free and when I went into service mode and came back the system started showing DEST ERROR, I am wondering if I can reset the DVD to factory default from Service menu (or some other option) but I am not able to find it. I tried the...

SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System "Standby" [ 2 Answers ]

We own a SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System. Anyone familiar with this will understand that when you hit the power button, the system automatically goes into standby mode. Hitting eject and placing your DVD in the machine, and closing the tray, the system powers on in full power mode. Same as...

Adding Sony DVD recorder to Sony System with Bell PVR [ 1 Answers ]

Sony DVD Home Theatre system is already setup w/LCD TV, Bell PVR 9242. Searched and read previous ques and ans - but my recorder still not working. System is setup with HDMI cables TV - Home Theatre, TV-PVR, have S-video connecting DVD Recorder to TV, and Basic Red,Yellow,White connecting DVD...

View more questions Search