Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janemichelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 12:36 AM
    Neighbors fence
    My neighbour had put a part fence up on the right side as we look up the garden is this our fence also is has left big gaps under neath also he has come ouer a foot on to my property has stop as I told him he was on my land now he says he carnt finshe the fence as my scrap shake is in is way but this is not on is property I have sent him letters about the fence as my rabbits & pet cocker have been killed by the foxes & his reply to this is I need a court order to do anything please can you help before I take it to court
    Many thanks jane
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2013, 03:06 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. This can lead to confusion. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

It is not your fence. However, he has to put the fence up solely on his side of the property. If the fence intrudes on your property, you can force him to move it. But you would have to go to court to do so.

I don't understand about the foxes, though. Does he keep foxes?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 5, 2013, 03:36 AM
    If someone builds a fence on your property, it is your fence. OP can remove the portion on her property if desired. But the problem is that if she makes a mistake as to where the property line is she may be in trouble. So that is one reason to go to court first.

And, of course, it would be helpful to know where this is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2013, 07:36 AM
    I agree, if the fence is on YOUR property, merely send them notice that if they do not remove it, you will.

If you need a fence up to protect your animals, put one up on your property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbors kicked in my privacy fence... What will happen? [ 2 Answers ]

The neighbor kids are always in our yard. They are disrespecting our property, they have scattered toys in the yard,broke my daughter's toy dump truck, and tonight they kicked several panels of my privacy fence in and broke many boards.I called the police. What will happen from here?

Neighbors fence falling on my side [ 3 Answers ]

His fense is falling into my yard and he's ignoring request to fix it,trash is coming through,nails are hanging off and its literally into my yard in three places

Building a fence to hide my neighbors' fences [ 6 Answers ]

In my backyard I have a patchwork of 4 different colored fences, facing in different directions, that belong to my neighbors. They're great people, but combined, their fences look like crap. I want to build by own privacy fence around the entire perimeter of my backyard about a foot away from the...

How to conceal neighbors mess behind my 6' chain link fence. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a swimming pool in my back yard which has a 6' chain link fence surrounding it. My problem is that my neighbor"s yard is a mess. Their property sits higher than my property and all I look at is their war zone of a yard. They also have a big dog that puts its paws on top of the fence and...

Florida: My neighbors fence is in my property, need to move it [ 9 Answers ]

According to the survey when I purchased the home, my neighbor’s fence is over 2’ in my property. When I asked her to move it the first time she said she would do it. I waited 4 months to ask her again now she said she was not going to move it. It’s at the right spot but couldn’t provide any proof...

View more questions Search