Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferrari17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 12:59 AM
    Ovarian cysts
    Is there another way of removing cysts rather than doing a laparoscopic surgery?I'm so scared due to my previous cholecystectomy opp that had major complications and caused disorders. Any suggestions Maybe medication?
    zh11 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2013, 05:52 AM
    I'm not aware of any medications that would take them away. They usually "pop" on their own. If they are causing a lot of pain or complications I would have them removed.

What type of complications did you have with your last operation?
    ferrari17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zh11 View Post
    I'm not aware of any medications that would take them away. They usually "pop" on their own. If they are causing a lot of pain or complications I would have them removed.

What type of complications did you have with your last operation?
    I had a cholecystectomy procedure done and the Dr messed my intestines and could not see and 2 days later was taken back to theatre for laparoscopic that showed perforation in my lower abdomen and sepsis in my bowel and I woke up having this big opp in my tummy down underneath my belly. What worries me much is the Dr told me she will do laparoscopic but due to my previous opp she is afraid there might be disorders that will that would make her not to work properly from the first cut and will then have to cut open again underneath my belly to work there and I must not be surprised if I woke up having a c-section opp, I'm a bit scared because obvious there might be disorders maybe intestines close to the wall and she might mess with them again that is why I needed a second opinion. I don't really have severe pains and my periods are just normal
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 6, 2013, 05:02 AM
    Many cysts come and go with each cycle a woman has. However, if they become larger, laproscopic surgery is the next best thing. Beyond that, you would have to have in-patient surgery to have larger cysts/tumors removed.

I can understand why you'd be scared, but most likely, what your doctor recommended is best based on what you wrote. Good luck

I had a 15lb ovarian tumor removed by a "c-section" surgery when I was 19. Definitely get it taken care of - mine was cancerous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovarian Cysts [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have cysts in both my ovaries. One is 4.5cm and the other is 5.7cm. I was admitted into hospital for that reason, I was in 5 days and finally got discharged, they gave me painkillers etc. But now the pain is getting much worse, and I'm finding it hard to eat drink and sleep because of the...

Ovarian Cysts [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out what's wrong I have cysts on my ovaries and I am in so much pain I can't get to the hospital because I don't think I can drive I barley made it the computer and my boyfriend has my cell phone, I just got my period and I am bleeding like a very vibrant orange color and I have no...

Ovarian cysts [ 3 Answers ]

So, I ended up in the ER tonight because of severe abdominal pain that kept getting worse even after taking advil. They ran a bunch of tests and did an ultrasound and said that I have an ovarian cyst causing the pain. It's not hurting as much now and they gave me stronger meds in case it does again...

Ovarian Cysts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I suffer from ovarian cysts... there are days I can't even get out of bed because the pain is so bad. What are some at home remedies I could do to help ease the pain?

View more questions Search