Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    women in need Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 06:23 PM
    Quit my job in the early 90s' company sold, had a 401k I am now close to 60, I want
    I worked for US Shoe Corp. for approximately 24 years. I was in the 401k plan, when I quit my job in the early 90's, my plant mgr. told me I could draw out all but $2000, then I reached 591/2 and have not receive anything.

I have no paperwork but I believe that it was invested in Putnam. I now live in Ky.
    Help me please get my money if owed to me.

The company has been sold. Has the money account been sold, lost or what
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 07:12 AM
    Now that you are at least 59-1/2 years old you should be able to get the money from the plan administrator. The money is not lost, but you need to contact the plan administrator. The admin should be an investment company like Fidelity or Vanguard, or perhaps a bank or insurance company. You should be able to find contact info on the latest quarterly or annual reports that you receive in the mail from them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A thiller from the early 90s or mid 90s [ 5 Answers ]

The only things I can remember about this movie is... This man & women met in a paintings gallery, he had seen her sitting there everyday just staring at this one picture. I can't remember what the name of the painting was but it plays a big part in the movie. They get married then that's where...

Company sold closing 401k [ 7 Answers ]

Company was sold. I am 64 years olf and would like to take distribution. The company closed June 30, 2010. How long before I can withdraw.

401K Early withdrawal - Company Error? [ 1 Answers ]

I changed companies in '05 and withdrew from my 401K to use as a down payment on a new home. The total amount in my 401K was $56K, however I had a $15.8K loan that was in repayment. The 1099-R form I received then was for $36.5K with $7,294.61 Fed Tax withheld (the Total Distribution box was also...

Boss says I can quit my job to cash out 401K and get rehired? [ 2 Answers ]

My employer allows people to quit their job for the sole purpose of cashing out their 401K and get the employer and employee contributions; as well as their vacation pay. Once the disbursement is made, they are rehired. All of their benefits are bridged except the 401K the employee has to reapply...

Early 90s-Mid 90s Kids Show [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a kids show that used to be on Nickelodeon during the early to mid 90s. It's about a group of kids who sneak onto an alien ship and end up traveling in outer space together. There was a girl who was purple, and the only other character I can really describe is...

View more questions Search