Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bagel2756 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 03:38 PM
    Can anybody (AND I MEAN ANYBODY) make me care for a brother who is in a care home?
    The powers of attorney over my brother have admitted him to a care home because, he cannot care for himself any longer. Can the POAs make a sibling pay for the care? They admitted him without telling me and they signed the agreement with the care home.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 05:25 PM
    They were his POAs not yours. As long as you didn't sign an agreement with the nursing home then I don't see how they can make you pay.

Is this is what they are telling you, that you are paying ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 3, 2013, 05:50 PM
    No they can't make you pay.
    Unless there is a trust for him and you are trustee or co-trustee? Then you are in a soup I can't address.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 06:04 PM
    Anybody?

Well, God can.

But man's law doesn't.
    bagel2756 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    They were his POAs not yours. As long as you didnt sign an agreement with the nursing home then I dont see how they can make you pay.

Is this is what they are telling you, that you are paying ?
    actually they're not saying anything to me, just want to get a worry off my miND. Thanks for responding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I fight for full custody of my little brother who is in foster care? [ 3 Answers ]

When I was born my mother did some bad stuff so they took me and my older brother away and we were sent to live with my father I am 14 atm And when I was 9 my mother had another child who got taken away and sent to foster care when he was born And he is 4 now I need to know if I can fight...

What do I need to get my brother off foster care? [ 2 Answers ]

In feb.2008 my father had a case where the cops broke iinto the house where my brother{14} had been living with him. The cops found drugs in the house and they took my father into custody. My brother had been taken to ACS and my aunt decided that she will take him into her house so they won't...

Splitting Payments for child care - do I pay directly to ex wife or day care? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have been separated, but not legally; yet. Payments for child care come from her paycheck. I pay her half in a check at the beginning of each month. What is the best choice for tax purposes - to continue paying her half at the beginning of each month, or to begin paying the child's...

Why doesn't the courts care about the kids but only care about the exs [ 7 Answers ]

My ex lives at home with her mother brother and father and her two kids .one of them being mine . She can not work she can not drive she doesn't bathe or feed the kids cps goes over there once a week and says everything is fine what should I do . The courts don't care as long as they get there...

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

View more questions Search