Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lluk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 03:34 PM
    Manabloc water heater and vacationing
    I am going on vacation and would like to know how do I shut down my water heater when I have PEX plumbing?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 05:42 PM
    No different than any other piping. Turn off house water and lower temp to "vacation" or very low setting.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 4, 2013, 06:08 AM
    Gas or electric heater? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water heater nipples leak at the union of the water heater. Not the flex lines. [ 2 Answers ]

We installed a water heater and we attached the nipples using sealing tape. The nipples leak where attached to the heater. The threads are clean and even on the nipples and feel the same on the inside of the water heater. What could be causing them to leak?

No or very slow hot water from gas water heater, heater makes lot of sounds [ 1 Answers ]

There is problem with our hot water system, not getting hot water while as cold water is OK. Starting hot water there is lot of explosion sort of sounds from water cylinder and hot water will start dribbling and stops after some time.

Water heater leak (cold side only) where the nipple meets the water heater [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a water heater and completely installed it. When I turned on the water supply, a very very very slow drip can be observed where the cold water nipple screws into the water heater. I shut off the water, relieved the pressure and unscrewed the nipple. I then re-apply the teflon tape...

Manabloc pressure problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Manabloc system installed in my house. I am experiencing low water pressure to every fixture inside the house. I am on city water and have checked the incoming water source and found it working with plenty of pressure. So the source is good. I also checked for leaks in the attic where...

Vacationing in the Abacos [ 2 Answers ]

Just had to share some of this incredible experience! :eek: Since you probably didn't notice I was gone, I thought I'd share where I've been for the past while! Two weeks in the Abacos pictures, photos, and videos, from friends & fun on webshots I was invited to crew aboard a private trawler...

View more questions Search