chemhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Temp of water and seam
    What is hotter, boiling water or steam?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Do you understand phase transitions?

Both steam and water can exist at 373K, but only steam can exist higher than that and only water exists lower that that (at standard pressure).

Can you explain why both steam and water can exist at 373K?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Temp gauge showing temp, 2001 Chev Malibu [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Chev Malibu LS, V6, temp gauge is not showing any heat at all, not registering when I know the coolant is hot ? Veh has about 126000 mi on it, never been flushed out, thought I would attempt to flush myself but don't you think the problem might be a bad thermostat ? If so, where and...

Honeywell Aquasat Relay- Water Temp Question [ 1 Answers ]

My oil burner will not go on until the water temperature reaches 130 or 140 deg. And my high is 180 deg and my low is 160 deg. Is the honeywell aquasat relay or the room temperature thermostat located on the wall a probable cause? If not, any other suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Hot water temp. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks I had a water pump problem and ended up replacing it with a new one. The problem started after the install of the new pump, when you adjust the water temp. for the shower and then turn the shower on, the water temperature drops to almost cold:eek: and you have to turn the hot way up to...

Paneling Seam Tape [ 2 Answers ]

I have put up some new paneling and most of it looks really good, but there are a few seams that show up. My brother told me about using seam tape that matches my paneling, I cannot find this, Lowe's & home depot thought I was on drugs when I asked. Can any one point me to a website or a store that...

Solution for water temp changes in showers? [ 3 Answers ]

I've read a lot about water pressure problems in showers when other faucets are turned on, however, my issue is more with the water temperature changing. Our house was built in 1999 in the Austin, Texas area - is on city water and is a two story home (both showers are upstairs). The water...

View more questions Search