Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SleepyDreamGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 02:47 AM
    ASUS K43S won't boot up
    My ASUS K43S won't boot up today when it was working just fine yesterday. It has a totally blank screen, no sound, power button is illuminated, and the only green light is from the first icon. Someone please help!
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 3, 2013, 07:57 AM
    It takes a lot less power to light an led than to run the machine. Are you using just the battery or have you tried external power as well.

Jun 3, 2013, 08:37 AM
    Tried the power adapter and battery alternatively as well as together, but nothing works.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 08:42 AM
    Pull out the battery, wait a few minutes, do not put the battery back in. Plug in the power cable then press the power button and let us know what happens.

Jun 3, 2013, 08:57 AM
    Did that several times, too, sadly to no avail. Also pulled the power-down-45-seconds trick without battery or power adapter and that didn't work either.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 09:01 AM
    If you can't get power into the computer then you are faced with a hardware issue that cannot be fixed with online help.
    It would be a warranty issue if it's still under it; if not then a local shop may help. Sorry.

Jun 3, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    If you can't get power into the computer then you are faced with a hardware issue that cannot be fixed with online help.
    It would be a warranty issue if it's still under it; if not then a local shop may help. Sorry.
    It's all right, thanks for the speedy replies. I'll be getting my ASUS to the service shop tomorrow.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Good luck, I hope it's not too expensive. Let us know what the diagnosis is.

Jun 5, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Thank god for warranty. Seems like a faulty motherboard, had that replaced and just got my laptop up and running. Never felt more relieved upon seeing my data in one piece.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2013, 07:32 AM
    Glad to hear of the happy ending. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Macbook won't boot after safe boot mode [ 1 Answers ]

An intel-based Macbook running the latest version of Leopard will not boot after a safe boot. I held down shift to perform the safe boot. It apparently ran the diagnostics etc, and then came up with Safe Boot in red like it should. I then restarted and now I can't get past the gray Apple screen. It...

Won't boot up! [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a computer and I was restoring it to a earlier date then I made a mistake and cut the power off now when I turn the computer on it won't start up

PC won't boot up [ 6 Answers ]

My PC will not boot up (I have reverted to my old steam-driven machine for this!). Just before this problem arose the screen/cursor froze and I had to re-boot. It did this a couple of times shortly after re-booting before finally refusing to re-boot at all. When I switch it on, it goes through (or...

My new PC won't boot [ 4 Answers ]

hi there I just built a new PC. Everything seems to be correctly connected but the PC won't boot. The motherboard's light is blinking whilw trying to turn it on. I thought for a moment it could be an insufficient power supply but even when I unplugged the extra sata hdd and a 2 gb ram barret the...

Won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi After trying to overclock my PC (no Experienace)it now won't reboot,all I get is a black screen with no signal message. I have tried takeing the cmos battery out and replacing.. HELP...

View more questions Search