Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ineedyourhelp10 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2013, 09:28 PM
    My amazing girlfriend said she needed a break
    So yesterday, my girlfriend said out of nowhere that she thinks we should take a break.
    Our conversation went like this:
    Me"Hey baby"
    Her"Hi"(This confused me because she always said Hey never Hi
    Me"whats up"
    Her"Nm"(Again, confusing because she usually tells me about her day or what she is doing)
    About a minute later she says"Hey can I ask you something"
    Me"Of Course"
    Her"Why are you nicer on facebook to people than you are a school"
    This shocked me because I had no idea that I was.
    So I told her "I didn't notice"
    She replied with "Look I think we should take a break. It's just that I can't stand it when all you say is Idk or I didnt notice Its not that I dont love you ok? Its just that I need a break. I love you it doesn't mean we're over ok? I love you"

I've been doing the no contact thing and giving her space to sort out her emotions because this is what I read to do. I also read things like its just a nicer way of breaking up with you or that she's dating someone else then if she comes back to me technically its not cheating because we're on a break. This kind of thing disappointed me. I really love her and don't want anything to happen,

Please help me.If you do, thank you in advance.

Also this No Contact thing is really hard for me. I found myself checking my Facebook for messages from her hourly
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 2, 2013, 09:44 PM
    No contact is the way to go.

The thing is, women have a hard time breaking up with guys. It's a lot easier to say "I want a break", and then let him give up after months of no contact, than it is to say "It's over".

I would go forward as if you're single. If she wants a break, fine, but you shouldn't be forced to put your life on hold while she decides what she wants. So go out, date, live your life. If she comes back, you can decide whether you really want her back. If not, you're out there living, not waiting for her to figure out what she wants.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 2, 2013, 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedyourhelp10 View Post
    Also this No Contact thing is eally hard for me. I found myslf chdcking my fcebook for messages from her hourly
    Unfriend her. Do not respond to any of her invitations to reconnect.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 05:35 AM
    I agree with the other posters. Take this as a break up, mourn your loss, and lick your wounds, and disappear from her life.

Jun 3, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I agree with the other posters. Take this as a break up, mourn your loss, and lick your wounds, and disappear from her life.
    I appreciate your advice but I can't disappear from her life. In fact in about an hour and a half we HAVE to see each other at school She sits ight behind me. This is going to be so much fun!

I should add, she sit right behind me at school
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 08:00 AM
    That is a more challenging situation, but in all honesty this is more about how you deal with the break up, more than the break up itself. You can and should rise to the occasion and remain cool, calm, and collected and in control of yourself despite your feelings.

Its important to keep your confidence in yourself, and your dignity and self respect to meet this challenge. Its difficult but must be done.

Jun 3, 2013, 03:56 PM
    Ct
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That is a more challenging situation, but in all honesty this is more about how you deal with the break up, more than the break up itself. You can and should rise to the occasion and remain cool, calm, and collected and in control of yourself despite your feelings.

Its important to keep your confidence in yourself, and your dignity and self respect to meet this challenge. Its difficult but must be done.
    No contact at all today. If she came near I slowly moved away.
    Thanks for the advice by the way. No one even knows we'rd on this so-called "break"

Now I just need advice on how to stop loving her... She has only ever hurt me once, when she announced this "break"

Doesn't help that our song plays on my favorite radio station every flipping night...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedyourhelp10 View Post
    No conta at all today. If she came near I slowly moved away.
    Thanks for the advice btw. No one even knows we'rd on this so-called "break"

Now I justnedd advice on how to stop loving her... She has only ever hurt me once, when she announcd this "break"

Doezn't help that our song plays on my favorite radio station every flipping night...
    Love is the hard one. You can't force yourself to stop loving her. But, eventually someone else will come along, someone that you love just as much, even more. Someone that loves you back.

As for the song, I suggest burning a disc of your favorite songs, and stop listening to the radio. Occupy yourself with friends. Occupy yourself with things that don't remind you of her. Just occupy yourself. It's your life, you have to live it She doesn't get to decide, you do.
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 08:33 PM
    I think you can expect to be down through your mourning period as a break up can very much be like a death. But as time goes by and acceptance sinks in you will move head slowly but surely. We all do, and make adjustments to your life as you go through the healing period. Things are still fresh and raw right now, and its tough, especially seeing her everyday.

But you will get to the point you realize you can love again, smile again, and explore your world again. Just not today.

Jun 3, 2013, 09:12 PM
    Thanks so much everyone thid helped me a lot. I'lll buy you a coffee, might drink it though if it's too tempting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My relationship with my girlfriend has plunged from Amazing to nothing. [ 14 Answers ]

Ok here goes. I have a beautiful girlfriend who is the same age as me. We are both 18. When we first met we were in so much love we could not spend a second kissing, hugging, and being with each other. My girlfriend and I had sex everyday a couple times a day and couldn't quit touching each other...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

Girlfriend needed break because confused.now she misses me [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I posted a thread on here a few days ago saying my girlfriend needed a break because she said she felt as if I was falling faster for her then she was for me, and that she wasn't sure if she sure if she was ready for a serious relationship because she was hurt big time in her last and only...

She said she needed a break [ 16 Answers ]

This girl and I met online, talked for a while but we never saw either one of us going to where the other is (shes going to school in PA and lives in NJ and I live in Tx) She met someone else and that was it, I didn't talk to her at all, blocked her from my aim list, deleted her phone number, and...

My girlfriend of 4 years just told me we needed to take a break! [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been going out for 4 years. We have lived together for 2 years and recently bought a house together. Last week she told me we needed to take a break because things have changed in our relatioship. I am confused because she told me she loves me and wants to be with me, but...

View more questions Search