Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 05:13 AM
    We can't believe that either it's all based on flawed data and computer projections.

It's time to understand we are in a period of long term climate change in which the actions of man are incidental to the outcomes
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    we can't believe that either it's all based on flawed data and computer projections.

it's time to understand we are in a period of long term climate change in which the actions of man are incidental to the outcomes

I have in the past proven that MANY of the "weather Stations" they are claiming the changes were measured at... when they were installed were in the middle of a grassy undeveloped area... but today are surrounded py pavemtn, ashphault and man made structures... By links that showed pictures of them before... and now. I'm not going to waste my time digging them up again. Because most of the Global Warming crowd also believe Obama is a demi-god... and their capacity to process data rationally is in question.

That renders any long term comparisons invalid because the basis of the data collection is no longer consistent.

Input flaws raw data.. and the results WILL be flawed as well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 06:01 AM
    If indeed man made structures/activity affect the data Smoothy, then you have proven beyond a doubt that man affects his environment in some way. Also we know removing the forest, and putting stuff in the land, air and sea, changes ecosystems, some times very dramatically.

Its very possible that man has speeded up a situation that possibly was going to happen anyway, and highly likely that he changes the balance of nature in some ways also. Now we can argue about what that is, but there are a lot of man made bubbles of activity around the world and a good example I submit is the Chinese experiment that has devastated their air quality and their search for more energy is eroding the farmlands at huge rates.

Now you can ignore it, and minimize the effects of man activity on the planet (Its quite profitable to do so), but that only hides the problem, not solves it, and it sure won't solve itself.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, flat earthers:

Some people understand science, and some don't. Some people understand that weather ISN'T global warming, and some don't. Some people understand geologic time, and some don't.

excon
    Scientists predict an ice-free arctic by 2013, and instead of being ice-free the ice expanded by 920,000 square miles and we're the flat earthers? Bwa ha ha ha!
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If indeed man made structures/activity affect the data Smoothy, then you have proven beyond a doubt that man affects his environment in some way. Also we know removing the forest, and putting stuff in the land, air and sea, changes ecosystems, some times very dramatically.

Its very possible that man has speeded up a situation that quite possibly was going to happen anyway, and highly likely that he changes the balance of nature in some ways also. Now we can argue about what that is, but there are a lot of man made bubbles of activity around the world and a good example I submit is the Chinese experiment that has devastated their air quality and their search for more energy is eroding the farmlands at huge rates.

Now you can ignore it, and minimize the effects of man activity on the planet (Its quite profitable to do so), but that only hides the problem, not solves it, and it sure won't solve itself.

You are missing the point I was making... you can't compare a mearurement in the middle of a grassy field... and one in the middle of a parkling lot 30 years late and claim the pemprature is rising...

Its no different than measuring the middle of a field... then measuing the inside of an occupied building at the same physical location before and after the building is put up.

Changing the conditions of a test during the test... invalidates the data collected. And the test results as well.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 06:28 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:
    Changing the conditions of a test during the test... invalidates the data collected. And the test results as well.
    In MY world, scientists KNOW how to collect and evaluate data.

Excon
    Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 06:47 AM
    You can claim that man made the temperature rise. Same collection METHOD, different CONDITION, for comparison. You can't ignore your own observation of the difference between a location with man, and without.

Your methodology is flawed. Temperature over time is what changes water to steam, and more heat changes it to a GAS, still water, but the components have been broken down and separated and just as heat changes water, it changes CHEMICAL composition.

I guess you never look at the air quality reports on your local weather station either. Then you would know the differences in highly industrial areas and very low industrial areas. Rural, and urban. Hell don't you remember during the Olympics in China they had to shut down the industries to clear the air of pollutants? They wanted to hide how NASTY it was.

How do you ignore that data?
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 06:47 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:
    In MY world, scientists NOW how to collect and evaluate data.

excon
    2007, arctic will be "ice-free"
    2013, arctic 920,000 square mile ice expansion

Their evaluation of the data was "gravely flawed" is the correct term.
    Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 06:58 AM
    They may have missed a few variables.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    2007, arctic will be "ice-free"
    2013, arctic 920,000 square mile ice expansion

Their evaluation of the data was "gravely flawed" is the correct term.
    Nahhhh... If you understand the science, then you'd get a sense of the TIME involved. Given that I DO understand the science, I can report that if they MISSED that projection by even a decade or two, it's STILL accurate.

Plus, given those same variables, NO scientist worth his salt would narrow down a projection like that to a particular year or even a particular decade.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:17 AM
    yes the extrapolated from a few obseravtions without checking their enviromment, thevariables they missed were the ability of sea water to absorb heat, the vegitation in urban areas, the variability of climate. What we had here were some academic nerds
    Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Less burning of fossil fuels, replacement of old coal burning power facilities, natural gas conversions, emergence of wind a solar power. The price of gas going up. Just to name a few of those variables. Doesn't solve the problem, but delays the effects.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:31 AM
    No, ex said the know how to evaluate data. You guys wouldn't trust anyone else that is as consistently WRONG about their evaluations as climate scientists, not your doctor, not your financial adviser, probably not your spouse. Yet you do so with politicians and climate scientists. Why is that?
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:32 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Nahhhh... If you understand the science, then you'd get a sense of the TIME involved. Given that I DO understand the science, I can report that if they MISSED that projection by even a decade or two, it's STILL accurate.

Plus, given those same variables, NO scientist worth his salt would narrow down a projection like that to a particular year or even a particular decade.

excon
    More accurately, you believe the dogma more than the data.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:43 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    More accurately, you believe the dogma more than the data.
    Nahhh... Actually, I believe ME. I KNOW that you can't throw your trash into the air WITHOUT bad consequences... The MOMENT when we'll be awash is BESIDES the point. That you cling to a DATE certain to debunk the theory, DEBUNKS your debunk.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Nahhh... Actually, I believe ME. I KNOW that you can't throw your trash into the air WITHOUT bad consequences... The MOMENT when we'll be awash is BESIDES the point. That you cling to a DATE certain to debunk the theory, DEBUNKS your debunk.

excon
    Your arguments, like your bats, are steadily devolving my friend.
    Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Your arguments, like your bats, are steadily devolving my friend.
    Low blow, but congrats. :D
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Low blow, but congrats. :D
    Just trying to relay it in terms he can understand. :D
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 08:43 AM
    I think we should tear up the pavement on the city streets... and tear town the cities and make them live in tents... solve the heat island effect and water runoff issues right away...
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:
    In MY world, scientists KNOW how to collect and evaluate data.

excon
    Apparently they don't... not the liberal ones anytway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there really global warming? [ 10 Answers ]

Or is it just a natural process of the earth to heal itself

I think I believe in global warming now [ 5 Answers ]

My backyard in NJ on October 15, 2009. Notice how the trees haven't finished changing yet?

Global warming [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, does anyone know a good website to find info on global warming that isn't man-made?? Thank you..

Global Warming? [ 2 Answers ]

Only in Arkansas... how this got past the editor, I can only venture to guess... 4519

Global warming [ 14 Answers ]

Why arnt we putting all of our power into this situation I mean countries are going to be under waterrr... and mostly in europe I am really worried and our tempratures are hanging in many parts of earth and we are having a lot of hurricanes and such... so we arnt we putting all our mind into this.....

View more questions Search